Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Ram Out Of This List Should I Buy?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Taima

Taima

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:52 PM

I have a list of different RAM from newegg.com, and I was wondering what everyone thinks the best one would be. (for gaming if that helps)

Here's the link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....r+Gaming+Memory

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:12 AM

That motherboard supports dual channel RAM. If you are only going for 1GB of RAM, I would go for two 512MB modules.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Taima

Taima
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

I already have 512 and I'd rather buy a gig so I'd have 1.5gb...the more the merrier

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:24 AM

Running in dual channel effectively doubles the speed of the RAM, I would suggest adding another 512MB module, this is a case where more may not be merrier. You will need to purchase a module that has the exact same specs and size to run in dual channel, the best option is to purchase another of the exact same modules from the manufacturer of the original module.

Edited by dc3, 07 June 2008 - 03:42 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users