I have the latest build of Acronis v.11, and want to back up my PC so that if it crashes, I don't have to start from scratch again. Despite reading all the directions and looking on-line at things like Grover Hatcher's Guide to ceating a basic full disk archive, I am not sure what it is that I should be backing up and which drives I need to rename. I have used computers for years and used to think I was pretty good at it, but this software is driving me crazy.
- Do I back up both drive C as well as the 3 FAT partitions? When I include the FAT partitions in the backup, Acronis warns me that the FAT partitions may contain errors and I should use my computer's program to see if they do.
- Is FAT a drive or a partition or both??
- Can I make separate full backups-- one of the C-drive, the other of the FAT drives?
- If I do need to check out the FAT drives, how do I do that?
- Do I need to assign unique disk volume names to the 3 FAT partitions? If so, how do I do that?
- Do I need to assign a unique disk volume name to the hard disk (Drive D) that I am using to do the backups?
- Why is it so hard to use this software? Can anyone guide me to a real step-by-step guide that is not directed toward a computer pro?