Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rpcss_pl.exe

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Intrakit

Intrakit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:44 PM

i was searching for a way to delete this dam process without crashing my computer. i stumbled upon this site, and it told me what to do. however, it does not work. i was told to run cmd in the start menu, and type: sc config rpcss depend= "" . however it sais sc isnt a proper command or somethin. i dont know if its somethin with my computer that wont let me do it or i dunno whatsup. heres the link to the page if u guys wanna take a look.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/r...l.exe-7471.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:27 AM

I'm unaware what you are intending to do but when you post back could you do the following:

Start -> Run -> type cmd (or command) -> OK -> type "net start > C:\Submit\Services.txt" (with out quotes) -> type Exit

Then in your reply to this post Say what Operating System you have and post the contents of the file C:\Submit\Services.txt

Thanks

Edited by LoLucky, 05 April 2005 - 08:29 AM.

#3 Intrakit

Intrakit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:22 PM

i tried that, it sais cannot find the path specified, i also tried the other drives i have, i have c/d/e and all 3 didnt work

#4 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:48 AM

What operating system you have?

How far did my above instructions did you get?

you are getting that error with which command?

again What Operating System you have?

#5 Intrakit

Intrakit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:33 AM

xp proffesional, it sais specified path cannot be found when i follow ur step

Start -> Run -> type cmd (or command) -> OK -> type "net start > C:\Submit\Services.txt" (with out quotes) -> type Exit

#6 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:52 AM

K Windows XP

try this

Click:
Start
Run

Type:
cmd

Press:
Enter

Type:
md c:\Submit
net start > C:\Submit\Services.txt
Exit

Then in your reply to this post the contents of the file C:\Submit\Services.txt

#7 Intrakit

Intrakit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:50 PM

same thing as last time, when i type "net start > c:\submit\services.txt" it sais "the system can not find the path specified".

#8 Intrakit

Intrakit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:03 PM

i managed to get rid of the rpcss_pl.exe but i believe my rpc(the good one) is stil dependant on it meaning its screwed up my computer. i cant system restore, and i have no sound. whenever i go to audio and sound devices or whatever everything is grayed out and i cant change nething

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users