Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

9600gt Vs. 8800gt

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 silverpl105

silverpl105

• Banned Spammer
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:51 AM

I have choosed out these two cards, the PALIT Geforce 9600GT 1GB GDDR3 video card and a deal on the XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB GDDR3 Video Card . Which of them should have better performance? Some of my friends just suggested me to wait for the new cards from ATi and nVidia to come out as they look extremely promising. Just want to know your opinions.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 16 October 2009 - 12:27 PM.
Mod Edit: Despammed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mckooter

mckooter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

review
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia...00-gt,1780.html 9600gt

it seems that it compares the 9600gt and the 8800gt pretty well in the review, it shows some benchmarks directly between the two,

at the conclusion it mentions this:

Despite the chip having only 64 stream processors, 38% lower processing power, and 33% fewer transistors, gaming performance was only 12% below the 8800 GT on average.

seems like the 8800 is outperforming, id read the entire review before jumping either way though
You can just call me Chris

I found out I was Marilyn Monroe in a previous life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users