Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

For All That Is Holy - Please Help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 I Need A Xanax

I Need A Xanax

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:31 AM

OK, here's the issue that will, if it continues, put me in a small padded room with no windows:

1) My wallpaper disappears and is replaced by a blue screen that AVG identifies as infected (E:/Windows/System32/cftmonb.bmp); followed, in short-order, by a screensaver (E:/Windows/System32/blackster) that shows bugs eating my screen. Despite being detected by AVG, neither can be healed, removed or quaranteed without reappearing again upon reboot. While not generally afraid of bugs, I prefer them to be under my shoe than on my computer;

2) Every time I open one internet window, I am given the gift of an additional window offering me everything from fund advice to an adult friend ready for the finding;

3) When I attempt to reboot in safe mode, I get lines of text, but neither a cursor nor a boot-up of Windows in Safe Mode; and, finally,

4) When I attempt to get to task manager with CTRL+ALT+DEL, I receive a message that states that the action has been disallowed by the Administrator. Now, I'm a team player and, while I sometimes grudgingly follow authority, I'd normally accept this. However, I am the sole user of the computer and, as such, the one set up as the Administrator. I'm not a hater, but I am a little bummed that I am being trumped by some virtual bugs.

Now, I also like to think of myself as someone willing to give back, so I will make this promise to anyone who can solve this issue: I promise half, nay two-thirds, of the multi-million dollar gift that I am promised from a Nigerian Prince as soon as he has my bank information and social security. I may even negotiate the free tickets to see Oprah and contacts to the several women who are "waiting for [me]". I'm just that kind of guy. Thanks in advance.

Mod. edit. Pasted in information from another topic made some hours after this one. ~ OB

I was attempting to remove some malware on my computer in 'safe' mode.

Unfortunately, for some reason my computer won't boot in 'safe' mode using F8 (I get line after line of code I don't understand and then it stops), so I go in and set it up in the settings to boot in 'safeboot' mode. Everything seems to be booting fine, the Windows symbol comes up...and then...my monitor says "Frequency Out Of Range". Apparently, my monitor settings are too high on my computer. Of course, now I can ONLY boot in 'safe' mode and can't get past the "Frequency Out Of Range" message on my monitor. It's Plug N Play, so I assume that I'll just unplug, reboot and re-plug (believing it will reset the monitor settings), thus, allowing it to play to it's heart's content. Nope. I plug in another monitor. Same thing.

Is there any way to change the monitor settings in the computer so that I can actually boot up normally? Thank you.

End of pasted in information. ~ OB

Here is my HijackThis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:27:18 AM, on 6/5/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16640)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
E:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
E:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
E:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
E:\WINDOWS\system32\nvraidservice.exe
E:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe
E:\WINDOWS\SM1BG.EXE
E:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
E:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
E:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmona.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
E:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Simplify Media\SimplifyMedia.exe
E:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\mpbtn.exe
E:\Program Files\a-squared Free\a2service.exe
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
E:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgam.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
E:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
E:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe
E:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\Wfcrun32.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\Citrix\ICACLI~1\WFICA32.EXE
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.chase.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - E:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - e:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - E:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AVGTOOLBAR - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVRaidService] E:\WINDOWS\system32\nvraidservice.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioDragToDisc] "E:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SM1BG] E:\WINDOWS\SM1BG.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE E:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE E:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] E:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] E:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] E:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "E:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "E:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ctfmona] E:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmona.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [advap32] E:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\rbnpsrv.exe/r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [6838b7f6] rundll32.exe "E:\WINDOWS\system32\jxsfqrmw.dll",b
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSKAGENTEXE] E:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKAgent.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] E:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent DNA] "E:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Simplify Media] "E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Simplify Media\SimplifyMedia.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_1_0
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SBC Self Support Tool.lnk = E:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\matcli.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AT&T Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - E:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - E:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - E:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - E:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - E:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: Starfield Technologies - http://video.secureserver.net/plugins/star...echnologies.CAB
O16 - DPF: Web-Based Email Tools - http://email.secureserver.net/Download.CAB
O16 - DPF: {1239CC52-59EF-4DFA-8C61-90FFA846DF7E} (Musicnotes Viewer) - http://www.musicnotes.com/download/mnviewer.cab
O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} -
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - E:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} -
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...,26/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {D0C0F75C-683A-4390-A791-1ACFD5599AB8} (Oberon Flash Game Host) - http://games.myspace.com/Gameshell/GameHos...ronGameHost.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc...ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} - http://myspace.oberon-media.com/gameshell/...aploader_v6.cab
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: a-squared Free Service (a2free) - Emsi Software GmbH - E:\Program Files\a-squared Free\a2service.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - E:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: AVG8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - E:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - E:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Microsoft security update service (msupdate) - Unknown owner - e:\windows\system32\mssrv32.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - E:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
End of file - 8064 bytes

Edited by Orange Blossom, 05 June 2008 - 02:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Thunder

Thunder

• Members
  • 3,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:43 AM

Hello INAX and welcome to BleepingComputer,

1. * Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:
  • Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer
  • Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab
  • Under Browsing History, click Delete.
  • Click Delete Files, Delete cookies and Delete history
  • Click Close below.
* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):
  • Go to Tools > Options.
  • Click Privacy in the menu..
  • Click the Clear now button below.. A new window will popup what to clear.
  • Select all and click the Clear button again.
  • Click OK to close the Options window
* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin
  • Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok.
  • Let it scan your system for files to remove.
  • Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.
  • Press OK to remove them.
2. Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Doubleclick mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

3. Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.
The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode, in case your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. This allows us to help you. (WinXP SP3 users, please download the appropriate SP2 file, Home or Pro, to install the RC)

In the event you already have Combofix, delete your current version and download the latest version as described in the tutorial.
It must be saved directly to your desktop.

Note: Make sure not to click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze.

Please post the log from ComboFix (can also be found as C:\ComboFix.txt) in your next reply. :thumbsup:

If you have any questions along the way, STOP and ask them before proceeding !!

Greetings,
Thunder
Whatever happens, make believe it was intended to ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image - If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.
Stand Up & Be Counted --> Posted Image <-- And make a difference

#3 I Need A Xanax

I Need A Xanax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:55 PM

Thank you so incredibly much for your help on this. Below is everything that you requested, I believe. If I fail to provide something, let me know and I'll get it to you ASAP. Thank you again.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.15
Database version: 837

9:10:52 PM 6/6/2008
mbam-log-6-6-2008 (21-10-52).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 40451
Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 49 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 4
Registry Keys Infected: 19
Registry Values Infected: 8
Registry Data Items Infected: 4
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 31

Memory Processes Infected:
E:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmona.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
E:\WINDOWS\system32\fmacktjb.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Unloaded module successfully.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\vtUnlkHY.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Unloaded module successfully.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\xdasugqq.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Unloaded module successfully.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\xxyyxxUO.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Unloaded module successfully.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{036d1873-d2c8-4955-ab8d-f15e2a7acd6d} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{036d1873-d2c8-4955-ab8d-f15e2a7acd6d} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4f26bedb-d89b-44a1-948b-5d523292dadf} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{4f26bedb-d89b-44a1-948b-5d523292dadf} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\xxyyxxuo (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{df780f87-ff2b-4df8-92d0-73db16a1543a} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{56256a51-b582-467e-b8d4-7786eda79ae0} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{56256a51-b582-467e-b8d4-7786eda79ae0} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{1d4db7d2-6ec9-47a3-bd87-1e41684e07bb} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AXPDefender (Rogue.AdvancedXPDefender) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\aoprndtws (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\affri (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Software Notifier (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\affri (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Schemes\f3pss (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msupdate (Backdoor.Rustock) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\6838b7f6 (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{4f26bedb-d89b-44a1-948b-5d523292dadf} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\OriginalWallpaper (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\ConvertedWallpaper (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\SCRNSAVE.EXE (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\advap32 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ctfmona (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: e:\windows\system32\vtunlkhy -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Authentication Packages (Trojan.vundo) -> Data: e:\windows\system32\vtunlkhy -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowControlPanel (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr (Hijack.TaskManager) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Files Infected:
E:\WINDOWS\system32\fmacktjb.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\bjtkcamf.ini (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\vtUnlkHY.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\YHklnUtv.ini (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\YHklnUtv.ini2 (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\xdasugqq.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\qqgusadx.ini (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\xxyyxxUO.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\24.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\2C.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\blackster.scr (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.tt14.tmp (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.ttD.tmp (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.ttF.tmp (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\ShprInstaller.exe (Adware.Shoper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\WINDOWS\cookies.ini (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmona.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\clkcnt.txt (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.tt1.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.tt2.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.tt3.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.tt4.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.tt5.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.tt6.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.tt7.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.tt8.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.tt9.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.ttA.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.ttB.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.ttC.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\.ttE.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

ComboFix 08-06-06.6 - user 2008-06-06 21:31:06.1 - NTFSx86Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.1531 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: E:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: E:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Pro-BootDisk-ENU.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

E:\WINDOWS\system32\csacexdx.ini
E:\WINDOWS\system32\knrpccgi.ini
E:\WINDOWS\system32\mcrh.tmp
E:\WINDOWS\system32\qqXHOXyb.ini
E:\WINDOWS\system32\qqXHOXyb.ini2
E:\WINDOWS\system32\qvljwpiw.ini
E:\WINDOWS\system32\vjlhgvbj.ini
E:\WINDOWS\system32\vtUnlkHY.dll
E:\WINDOWS\system32\wmrqfsxj.ini
E:\WINDOWS\system32\xdasugqq.dll
E:\WINDOWS\system32\xxyyxxUO.dll
E:\WINDOWS\system32\YHklnUtv.ini

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\Legacy_MSUPDATE

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-05-07 to 2008-06-07 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-06-05 23:16 . 2008-06-06 21:02 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2008-06-05 23:16 . 2008-06-05 23:16 <DIR> d-------- E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-06-05 23:16 . 2008-06-05 23:16 <DIR> d-------- E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-06-05 23:16 . 2008-06-05 16:04 34,296 --a------ E:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamcatchme.sys
2008-06-05 23:16 . 2008-06-05 16:04 15,864 --a------ E:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2008-06-04 17:34 . 2008-06-04 17:34 <DIR> d--h----- E:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy
2008-06-04 12:39 . 2008-06-04 13:00 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\a-squared Free
2008-06-03 15:43 . 2008-06-03 15:43 <DIR> d-------- E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\shcnmsj0eg4l
2008-06-03 15:31 . 2008-06-03 15:31 <DIR> d-------- E:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData
2008-06-03 15:23 . 2008-06-03 15:23 1,210,687 ---hs---- E:\WINDOWS\system32\qvljwpiw.tmp
2008-05-26 03:39 . 2008-06-04 17:32 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\Hide Folders XP 2
2008-05-26 03:39 . 2007-01-23 00:26 17,264 --a------ E:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\hfxp2.sys
2008-05-23 01:48 . 2008-05-23 01:48 <DIR> d--h----- E:\WINDOWS\PIF
2008-05-17 13:12 . 2008-06-06 21:34 54,156 --ah----- E:\WINDOWS\QTFont.qfn
2008-05-17 13:12 . 2008-05-17 13:12 1,409 --a------ E:\WINDOWS\QTFont.for
2008-05-17 13:11 . 2008-05-17 13:12 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\iTunes
2008-05-17 13:11 . 2008-05-17 13:11 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\iPod
2008-05-17 13:11 . 2008-05-17 13:11 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
2008-05-17 13:11 . 2008-02-18 11:16 30,464 --a------ E:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbaapl.sys
2008-05-17 12:50 . 2008-05-17 12:50 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up
2008-05-17 12:50 . 2008-05-17 12:50 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\MSECACHE

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-06-07 02:32 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\DNA
2008-06-07 01:59 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\BitTorrent
2008-06-05 00:27 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\isoHunt
2008-06-05 00:27 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\Conduit
2008-06-05 00:19 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\MySpace
2008-06-04 17:47 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\BitTorrent
2008-05-26 08:41 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\AdobeUM
2008-05-04 03:47 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Metacafe
2008-05-01 06:12 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies
2008-05-01 06:12 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\MSBuild
2008-05-01 06:11 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\MSXML 6.0
2008-05-01 03:26 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Citrix
2008-05-01 03:17 61,224 ----a-w E:\WINDOWS\java\GoToAssistDownloadHelper.exe
2008-05-01 00:08 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\RitzPix E-Z Print & Share
2008-05-01 00:06 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\SolSuite
2008-05-01 00:06 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Orbit
2008-04-30 16:00 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\Apple Software Update
2008-04-30 02:51 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\mIRC
2008-04-30 02:11 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\DNA
2008-04-30 01:37 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\EasyTMD
2008-04-29 09:42 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\Red Kawa
2008-04-29 09:42 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5
2008-04-20 00:22 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Move Networks
2008-04-16 00:19 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2008-04-08 01:06 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\QuickTime
2008-04-03 16:26 37,027 ----a-w E:\WINDOWS\atmoUn.exe
2008-03-27 08:12 151,583 ----a-w E:\WINDOWS\system32\msjint40.dll
2008-03-19 09:47 1,845,248 ----a-w E:\WINDOWS\system32\win32k.sys
2008-03-16 15:41 10,520 ----a-w E:\WINDOWS\system32\avgrsstx.dll
2003-08-27 20:19 36,963 ----a-r E:\Program Files\Common Files\SM1updtr.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{93CB7E4C-753D-4F28-BFD4-53DDB40664CB}]
E:\WINDOWS\system32\byXOHXqq.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E}]
2008-03-28 08:09 2051328 --a------ E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
"{A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E}"= "E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL" [2008-03-28 08:09 2051328]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{a057a204-bacc-4d26-9990-79a187e2698e}]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avgtoolbar.AVGTOOLBAR]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]
"{A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E}"= E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL [2008-03-28 08:09 2051328]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"MSKAGENTEXE"="E:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKAgent.exe" [ ]
"ctfmon.exe"="E:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 07:00 15360]
"BitTorrent DNA"="E:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe" [2008-04-29 21:11 289088]
"Simplify Media"="E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Simplify Media\SimplifyMedia.exe" [2008-05-13 14:30 11828232]
"updateMgr"="E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" [2006-03-30 16:45 313472]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NVRaidService"="E:\WINDOWS\system32\nvraidservice.exe" [2004-06-10 22:15 83968]
"RoxioDragToDisc"="E:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe" [2004-01-27 16:39 1179648]
"SM1BG"="E:\WINDOWS\SM1BG.EXE" [2003-08-27 15:20 94208]
"NvCplDaemon"="E:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll" [2006-10-31 01:35 7634944]
"nwiz"="nwiz.exe" [2006-10-31 01:35 1622016 E:\WINDOWS\system32\nwiz.exe]
"NvMediaCenter"="E:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll" [2006-10-31 01:35 86016]
"RTHDCPL"="RTHDCPL.EXE" [2007-10-16 19:30 16855552 E:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.exe]
"YBrowser"="E:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe" [2006-07-21 17:19 129536]
"Motive SmartBridge"="E:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe" [2005-08-24 08:51 442455]
"AVG8_TRAY"="E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe" [2008-03-28 08:09 1177368]
"Microsoft Works Update Detection"="E:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe" [ ]
"QuickTime Task"="E:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2008-03-28 23:37 413696]
"iTunesHelper"="E:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2008-03-30 10:36 267048]

E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2008-04-23 03:38:16 29696]
SBC Self Support Tool.lnk - E:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\matcli.exe [2008-01-28 22:09:44 217088]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=avgrsstx.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\vcI16.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center]
"AntiVirusDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"E:\\Program Files\\DNA\\btdna.exe"=
"E:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent\\bittorrent.exe"=
"E:\\Documents and Settings\\user\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Simplify Media\\SimplifyPeer.exe"=
"E:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=

R0 AvgRkx86;avgrkx86.sys;E:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\avgrkx86.sys [2008-03-16 10:41]
R0 HFXP2;HFXP2;E:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\HFXP2.SYS [2007-01-23 00:26]
R1 AvgLdx86;AVG AVI Loader Driver x86;E:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\avgldx86.sys [2008-03-16 10:41]
R2 avg8emc;AVG8 E-mail Scanner;E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe [2008-03-16 10:41]
R2 avg8wd;AVG8 WatchDog;E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe [2008-03-16 10:41]
R2 AvgTdiX;AVG8 Network Redirector;E:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\avgtdix.sys [2008-03-18 13:37]
S3 gdrv;gdrv;E:\WINDOWS\gdrv.sys [2008-01-20 15:29]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{a1761295-0cc9-11dd-8bc1-001d7d278cfe}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - H:\wdsync.exe

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2008-05-31 21:53:06 E:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job"
- E:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe
"2008-06-07 02:11:06 E:\WINDOWS\Tasks\User_Feed_Synchronization-{A9F4B9F5-36FC-40F4-AF14-995173B9951B}.job"
- E:\WINDOWS\system32\msfeedssync.exe

catchme 0.3.1361 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-06-06 21:34:13
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
Completion time: 2008-06-06 21:41:09 - machine was rebooted [user]
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-06-07 02:41:05

Pre-Run: 29,276,385,280 bytes free
Post-Run: 29,807,099,904 bytes free

WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Pro-BootDisk-ENU.exe
[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

185 --- E O F --- 2008-05-28 23:12:07

Scan saved at 9:46:01 PM, on 6/6/2008

Running processes:
E:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
E:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.chase.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - E:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - E:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - E:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - E:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {93CB7E4C-753D-4F28-BFD4-53DDB40664CB} - E:\WINDOWS\system32\byXOHXqq.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: AVGTOOLBAR - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - E:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - E:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AVGTOOLBAR - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioDragToDisc] "E:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE E:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE E:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] E:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] E:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "E:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Simplify Media] "E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Simplify Media\SimplifyMedia.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_1_0
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SBC Self Support Tool.lnk = E:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\matcli.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AT&T Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - E:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - E:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - E:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - E:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - E:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: Starfield Technologies - http://video.secureserver.net/plugins/star...echnologies.CAB
O16 - DPF: {1239CC52-59EF-4DFA-8C61-90FFA846DF7E} (Musicnotes Viewer) - http://www.musicnotes.com/download/mnviewer.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - E:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...,26/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {D0C0F75C-683A-4390-A791-1ACFD5599AB8} (Oberon Flash Game Host) - http://games.myspace.com/Gameshell/GameHos...ronGameHost.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc...ash/swflash.cab
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O23 - Service: a-squared Free Service (a2free) - Emsi Software GmbH - E:\Program Files\a-squared Free\a2service.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - E:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: AVG8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - E:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - E:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - E:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
End of file - 8041 bytes

#4 Thunder

Thunder

• Members
  • 3,294 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:25 AM

Hello INAX,

Could you upload some files please ?
Can you zip the folder C:\Qoobox using WinZip (or a similar program) to Qoobox.zip and upload the zipped file to :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php?channel=9

How ? : 1. In the first window (Link to topic where this file was requested:) copy and past this link :http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/150653/for-all-that-is-holy-please-help/
2. In the second window (Browse to the file you want to submit: ) browse to the Qoobox.zip file

3. Click the Send file button :thumbsup:
[/list]
Let's clean up some more :

Open Notepad - don't use any other texteditor than Notepad or the script will fail !
Copy/paste the bold, blue text below into an empty notepad window:File::
E:\WINDOWS\system32\qvljwpiw.tmp
Folder::
E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\shcnmsj0eg4l
Registry::
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{93CB7E4C-753D-4F28-BFD4-53DDB40664CB}]

Save this as txtfile CFScript

Then drag the CFScript into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

Posted Image

This will start ComboFix again. Upon reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of the Combofix log in your next reply, as well as a fresh HijackThislog.

Are you still having problems ?

Greetings,
Thunder
Posted Image - If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

#5 I Need A Xanax

I Need A Xanax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

Here are the new logs. I haven't seen evidence of the old bug since running the programs yesterday, so there has definitely been some real progress. Thank you, again.

ComboFix 08-06-06.6 - user 2008-06-07 12:56:10.2 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.1345 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: E:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: E:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\CFScript.txt
* Created a new restore point

FILE ::

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\shcnmsj0eg4l

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-05-07 to 2008-06-07 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-06-07 12:52 . 2008-06-07 12:52 <DIR> d-------- E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\PKWARE
2008-06-07 12:51 . 2008-06-07 12:51 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\PKWARE
2008-06-07 12:51 . 2008-06-07 12:51 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\Common Files\PKWARE
2008-06-05 23:16 . 2008-06-06 21:02 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2008-06-05 23:16 . 2008-06-05 23:16 <DIR> d-------- E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-06-05 23:16 . 2008-06-05 23:16 <DIR> d-------- E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-06-05 23:16 . 2008-06-05 16:04 34,296 --a------ E:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamcatchme.sys
2008-06-05 23:16 . 2008-06-05 16:04 15,864 --a------ E:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2008-06-04 17:34 . 2008-06-04 17:34 <DIR> d--h----- E:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy
2008-06-04 12:39 . 2008-06-04 13:00 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\a-squared Free
2008-06-03 15:31 . 2008-06-03 15:31 <DIR> d-------- E:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData
2008-05-26 03:39 . 2008-06-04 17:32 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\Hide Folders XP 2
2008-05-26 03:39 . 2007-01-23 00:26 17,264 --a------ E:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\hfxp2.sys
2008-05-23 01:48 . 2008-05-23 01:48 <DIR> d--h----- E:\WINDOWS\PIF
2008-05-17 13:12 . 2008-06-06 22:17 54,156 --ah----- E:\WINDOWS\QTFont.qfn
2008-05-17 13:12 . 2008-05-17 13:12 1,409 --a------ E:\WINDOWS\QTFont.for
2008-05-17 13:11 . 2008-05-17 13:12 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\iTunes
2008-05-17 13:11 . 2008-05-17 13:11 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\iPod
2008-05-17 13:11 . 2008-05-17 13:11 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
2008-05-17 13:11 . 2008-02-18 11:16 30,464 --a------ E:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbaapl.sys
2008-05-17 12:50 . 2008-05-17 12:50 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up
2008-05-17 12:50 . 2008-05-17 12:50 <DIR> d-------- E:\Program Files\MSECACHE

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-06-07 17:48 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\DNA
2008-06-07 17:44 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\BitTorrent
2008-06-05 00:27 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\isoHunt
2008-06-05 00:27 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\Conduit
2008-06-05 00:19 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\MySpace
2008-06-04 17:47 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\BitTorrent
2008-05-26 08:41 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\AdobeUM
2008-05-04 03:47 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Metacafe
2008-05-01 06:12 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies
2008-05-01 06:12 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\MSBuild
2008-05-01 06:11 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\MSXML 6.0
2008-05-01 03:26 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Citrix
2008-05-01 03:17 61,224 ----a-w E:\WINDOWS\java\GoToAssistDownloadHelper.exe
2008-05-01 00:08 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\RitzPix E-Z Print & Share
2008-05-01 00:06 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\SolSuite
2008-05-01 00:06 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Orbit
2008-04-30 16:00 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\Apple Software Update
2008-04-30 02:51 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\mIRC
2008-04-30 02:11 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\DNA
2008-04-30 01:37 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\EasyTMD
2008-04-29 09:42 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\Red Kawa
2008-04-29 09:42 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5
2008-04-20 00:22 --------- d-----w E:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Move Networks
2008-04-16 00:19 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2008-04-08 01:06 --------- d-----w E:\Program Files\QuickTime
2008-04-03 16:26 37,027 ----a-w E:\WINDOWS\atmoUn.exe
2008-03-27 08:12 151,583 ----a-w E:\WINDOWS\system32\msjint40.dll
2008-03-19 09:47 1,845,248 ----a-w E:\WINDOWS\system32\win32k.sys
2008-03-16 15:41 10,520 ----a-w E:\WINDOWS\system32\avgrsstx.dll
2003-08-27 20:19 36,963 ----a-r E:\Program Files\Common Files\SM1updtr.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( snapshot@2008-06-06_21.40.51.73 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
- 2008-06-07 02:33:54 2,048 --s-a-w E:\WINDOWS\bootstat.dat
+ 2008-06-07 03:17:19 2,048 --s-a-w E:\WINDOWS\bootstat.dat
+ 2008-06-07 17:51:44 69,632 ----a-r E:\WINDOWS\Installer\{BE8DD809-A406-40E2-AB9F-28E69E737383}\ARPPRODUCTICON.exe
+ 2008-06-07 17:51:44 69,632 ----a-r E:\WINDOWS\Installer\{BE8DD809-A406-40E2-AB9F-28E69E737383}\NewShortcut3_86F55FD8F9194A3A837C19FA4DF8D961.exe
+ 2008-06-07 17:51:44 40,960 ----a-r E:\WINDOWS\Installer\{BE8DD809-A406-40E2-AB9F-28E69E737383}\PKTrayShortcut0_2D13A00DF121425B9ADFFD568C625CB7.exe
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E}]
2008-03-28 08:09 2051328 --a------ E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
"{A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E}"= "E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL" [2008-03-28 08:09 2051328]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]
"{A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E}"= E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL [2008-03-28 08:09 2051328]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"MSKAGENTEXE"="E:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKAgent.exe" [ ]
"ctfmon.exe"="E:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 07:00 15360]
"BitTorrent DNA"="E:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe" [2008-04-29 21:11 289088]
"Simplify Media"="E:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Simplify Media\SimplifyMedia.exe" [2008-05-13 14:30 11828232]
"updateMgr"="E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" [2006-03-30 16:45 313472]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NVRaidService"="E:\WINDOWS\system32\nvraidservice.exe" [2004-06-10 22:15 83968]
"RoxioDragToDisc"="E:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe" [2004-01-27 16:39 1179648]
"SM1BG"="E:\WINDOWS\SM1BG.EXE" [2003-08-27 15:20 94208]
"NvCplDaemon"="E:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll" [2006-10-31 01:35 7634944]
"nwiz"="nwiz.exe" [2006-10-31 01:35 1622016 E:\WINDOWS\system32\nwiz.exe]
"NvMediaCenter"="E:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll" [2006-10-31 01:35 86016]
"RTHDCPL"="RTHDCPL.EXE" [2007-10-16 19:30 16855552 E:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.exe]
"YBrowser"="E:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe" [2006-07-21 17:19 129536]
"Motive SmartBridge"="E:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe" [2005-08-24 08:51 442455]
"AVG8_TRAY"="E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe" [2008-03-28 08:09 1177368]
"Microsoft Works Update Detection"="E:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe" [ ]
"QuickTime Task"="E:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2008-03-28 23:37 413696]
"iTunesHelper"="E:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2008-03-30 10:36 267048]

E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2008-04-23 03:38:16 29696]
PKZIP Attachments Status.lnk - E:\Program Files\PKWARE\PKZIPM\9.00.0010\PKTray.exe [2008-06-07 12:51:45 169552]
SBC Self Support Tool.lnk - E:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\matcli.exe [2008-01-28 22:09:44 217088]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=avgrsstx.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\vcI16.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center]
"AntiVirusDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"E:\\Program Files\\DNA\\btdna.exe"=
"E:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent\\bittorrent.exe"=
"E:\\Documents and Settings\\user\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Simplify Media\\SimplifyPeer.exe"=
"E:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=

R0 AvgRkx86;avgrkx86.sys;E:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\avgrkx86.sys [2008-03-16 10:41]
R0 HFXP2;HFXP2;E:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\HFXP2.SYS [2007-01-23 00:26]
R1 AvgLdx86;AVG AVI Loader Driver x86;E:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\avgldx86.sys [2008-03-16 10:41]
R2 avg8emc;AVG8 E-mail Scanner;E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe [2008-03-16 10:41]
R2 avg8wd;AVG8 WatchDog;E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe [2008-03-16 10:41]
R2 AvgTdiX;AVG8 Network Redirector;E:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\avgtdix.sys [2008-03-18 13:37]
S3 gdrv;gdrv;E:\WINDOWS\gdrv.sys [2008-01-20 15:29]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{a1761295-0cc9-11dd-8bc1-001d7d278cfe}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - H:\wdsync.exe

*Newly Created Service* - CATCHME
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2008-05-31 21:53:06 E:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job"
- E:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe
"2008-06-07 04:26:32 E:\WINDOWS\Tasks\User_Feed_Synchronization-{A9F4B9F5-36FC-40F4-AF14-995173B9951B}.job"
- E:\WINDOWS\system32\msfeedssync.exe

catchme 0.3.1361 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-06-07 12:56:53
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2008-06-07 12:58:10
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-06-07 17:58:04
ComboFix2.txt 2008-06-07 02:41:10

Pre-Run: 29,713,252,352 bytes free
Post-Run: 29,707,579,392 bytes free

162 --- E O F --- 2008-06-07 03:54:46

______________________________________________________________________________________

Scan saved at 12:59:40 PM, on 6/7/2008

Running processes:
E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
E:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - E:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - E:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - E:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: AVGTOOLBAR - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - E:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
O4 - Global Startup: PKZIP Attachments Status.lnk = E:\Program Files\PKWARE\PKZIPM\9.00.0010\PKTray.exe

--
End of file - 8086 bytes

#6 Thunder

Thunder

• Members
  • 3,294 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:21 PM

Looking good, INAX :thumbsup:

You can remove all used tools and folders created in the process.
To remove ComboFix :
Go to Start > Run, and copy and paste next command in the field:ComboFix /u
Make sure there's a space between Combofix and /u
Then press Enter.
This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, restore your clock settings, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and resets System Restore again.

Start HijackThis, close all open windows leaving only HijackThis running. Place a check against each of the following, if still present :O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - (no file)

Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.
Make sure your Internet Explorer is closed when you click Fix Checked!

No more problems ?

Greetings,
Thunder

Edited by Thunder, 07 June 2008 - 01:22 PM.

#7 I Need A Xanax

I Need A Xanax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:21 PM

It looks like I'm golden. I sincerely appreciate your help. As soon as that Nigerian prince sends my money, I'll send you a nice cut. I'll just need you to send me your bank information. :thumbsup:

Seriously, though, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. My aggravation level has been lowered immensely.

My sincerest thanks,

I Need A Xanax (considerably less, now)

Edited by I Need A Xanax, 07 June 2008 - 03:21 PM.

#8 Thunder

Thunder

• Members
  • 3,294 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:41 PM

Glad we could help, INAX :thumbsup:

Please read this Prevention page with lots of info and tips how to prevent this in the future.
And if you want to improve speed/system performance after malware removal, take a look here.
Extra note: Make sure your programs are up to date - because older versions may contain Security Leaks.
To find out what programs need to be updated, please run the Secunia Software Inspector Scan.

Please also read Tony Klein's excellent article: How I got Infected in the First Place
and/or Grinlers tutorial on how malware is hidden and installed

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users