Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Welcome Screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 boco

boco

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

I need some help, in that a couple of weeks ago I was at the welcome screen that has the Administrator picture and so I can login and other accounts there too,when I hit logout by mistake and lost the Administrator picture to login. So I have been going in by the login screen that I have to type in the username. How do I get that picture back on the Welcome screen back. I like that login and would like to get it back? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:07 PM

Hi,

Am I correct that you want to change your login screen picture?

Follow these instructions:

1. In Control Panel, double-click User Accounts.
2. Click the account for which you want to change the picture.
3. Click Change the picture.
4. Click a picture in the window, or click Browse for More Pictures, and then click the picture that you want to use.
5. When this picture is highlighted in the window, click Change Picture.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292434

Edited by Juha, 05 June 2008 - 01:50 PM.

#3 Andrew Koenig

Andrew Koenig

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

Am I correct that you want to change your login screen picture?

I don't think so. Rather, I think the problem is the following:

When WIndows first asks you to log in, it (optionally) presents a list of accounts that you can use. Sometimes this list includes "Adminstrator;" other times it doesn't. The original question seems to refer to a machine that included "Administrator" in the list at one time and no longer does so.

I don't know what causes this account to be included or excluded, but I suspect that it depends on whether any of the user accounts has administrative privileges. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can confirm.

#4 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

... a couple of weeks ago I was at the welcome screen that has the Administrator picture... I hit logout by mistake and lost the Administrator picture to login... How do I get that picture back on the Welcome screen...

I'm not sure but Boco seems to be talking about 'getting back a picture' on the welcome screen.

Maybe he/she will confirm/clarify...

#5 boco

boco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

Adrew is right. Thanks I have a hard time getting my point across.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:52 PM

Looks like what you want: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admins.htm

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users