Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Installer Trys To Run Everytime I Boot Up Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TerryB92

TerryB92

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:12 PM

Everytime I start up the computer, Windows Installer runs and I get a popup screen that says UNLOAD - "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click ok or type an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "Unload.msi". The path showing in the box is "c:\hp\tmp\src\hpsw\setupUnloadIntent\"

Clicking ok gets me "Error 1706: No valid source could be found for product Unload. The Windows Installer cannot continue". Click on OK and it says "PLEASE WAIT WHILE WINDOWS CONFIGURES UNLOAD" then it starts all over again in a loop.

How do I get this to stop?? I don't know what it is trying to install or uninstall. I downloaded Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from Microsoft website but am unable to figure out which file/program is causing the problem.

Below is a copy of the errors in Event Viewer:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 6/4/2008
Time: 7:22:33 PM
User: JESSIE\HP_Owner
Computer: JESSIE
Description:
Detection of product '{2CADCEAB-D5DA-44D6-B5FC-7DEE87AB3C0C}', feature 'Unload' failed during request for component '{2E1790B1-CEF3-11D5-AF55-00C04F6BF3E7}'

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1004
Date: 6/4/2008
Time: 7:22:32 PM
User: JESSIE\HP_Owner
Computer: JESSIE
Description:
Detection of product '{2CADCEAB-D5DA-44D6-B5FC-7DEE87AB3C0C}', feature 'Unload', component '{23962AB0-FC40-44D6-AC1B-B62901F418B7}' failed. The resource 'c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\help\ut_uninstall.dll' does not exist.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Clicking on the Help & Support Center links didn't offer any solutions.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

I think that I would either remove permanently...or with intent to reinstall...the aforementioned HP software.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users