Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Goes To Sleep, But Never Wakes Up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sloopercat

sloopercat

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:16 PM

I loaded an updated driver for my Nvidea 610 MB based card. It now goes to sleep and all I get is a dark screen and have to hard boot it back up to get the monitor to function. I loaded the Windows service packs, but I am pretty sure it has to do with the new drivers.

Is there a way to restore the old ones?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:16 PM

Try rolling back the driver and see if that solves the problem. Go to Device Manager and double-click on the device. Select the Drivers tab and select Rollback
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 sloopercat

sloopercat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:50 PM

Working on that. I played around with the Power settings and if I turn off the sleep function for the computer, not the monitor, I have no issues. Will let you know. Thanks

#4 sloopercat

sloopercat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

Got it done, now I only get a Microsoft message that the system has recovered from a fatal error when it wakes back up. ?? It says it saves the file on the details, but I cannot find it under any of the names that pop up in the description of where it is saved.

#5 sloopercat

sloopercat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:57 PM

Fixed it, had to download the latest Acrobat video player. I was also getting an occasional out of memory error when viewing the Weather Channel radar.

Edited by sloopercat, 12 June 2008 - 06:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users