Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Drive Not Detected

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:14 PM

Hi.
I have a problem with usb drive that seems to be not detected.One technician said that it might be loose.How am I gonna make work again?Thanks for any suggestion.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Well, always consider that the problem may be your onboard USB ports...they tend to go out without warning. So try all respective system USB ports, both with the drive and other USB devices.

The simple solution to many USB situations...is to just install a USB 2.0 PCI card, assuming there is a free slot available in the system.

Laptops are a different story :huh:.

Louis

#3 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:38 PM

My cousin has even used it once and had technician checked it at the public computer and it seemed to be loose.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:49 AM

Are you referring to the cable as being loose...the connector...the power cord...what? Exactly what is deemed to be loose?

What type of drive (manufacturer/model)?

Does the drive work properly on any other computer?

Louis

#5 SmileyXX

SmileyXX

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:20 PM

Every time that I have a USB drive not being detected that I have previously used on the system, its always been because the driver got corrupted or something similar. So I just go into Device Manager and unistall the device, then plug the device back in and all is well.

#6 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:12 PM

I am referring to a flash drive.It was found to be loose that was why it is not detected.There was no problem with usb ports my flash drive was inserted into.Is these something to do to correct a loose flash drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users