Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Is Missing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sony Vaio User

Sony Vaio User

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:55 PM

so today i turned on my sony vaio computer and it stayed on the screen that says a bunch of things about why you made a good choice with vaio and blah blah blah. After that the screen went black and then said operating system not found. I got a little bit scared because i know a lot about computers and this has never happened to me before. That's all it does it just stays on that screen and doesn't change. If you hit any button it appears again right under the last message. PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN. I love my laptop and i need it for everything. :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:05 PM

Do you have the Vista installation DVD? If so, try running Startup Repair: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

If that doesn't work, try running a hard drive diagnostic utility from the website of the manufacturer of your hard drive (usually free).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Sony Vaio User

Sony Vaio User
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:51 PM

i'm sort of stupid because this has never happened to me before, would i just go to sony.com or a website like this, http://www.pctechbytes.com/sony-vaio-repair.htm thank you for such a quick response! :huh:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:37 PM

Sony Support
Are you saying that you don't have a Vista disk?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Sony Vaio User

Sony Vaio User
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:11 AM

No i don't. :huh: I bought my laptop from Best Buy for like 500$ and it came with windows vista installed. All the things i needed like 1 year or so of norton and avg but i think it might have crashed. That sucks because idk anything about warranty policies or anything like that. Thank you again for such a quick response.
-rasengen505
Sony Vaio User

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:44 AM

Vaio's usually come with restore CD's. You may want to contact Sony to see about a replacement set (I only know of one person doing this - and they got a free set).

Vaio's also usually have a "create a repair disk" function buried deep in the Help menu
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Sony Vaio User

Sony Vaio User
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:10 AM

thanks i might do the calling thing but i couldn't get to the help menu because it doesn't even get to the login screen it just stays on that black screen from the beginning until i turn it off

#8 iSIKH

iSIKH

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

I smell a pirated copy of vista... :huh:

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

I smell a pirated copy of vista... :huh:

And what leads you to make that assumption?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#10 Sony Vaio User

Sony Vaio User
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:50 PM

ohh sure why don't you just go to best buy and ask them if they steel windows vista from the companies that make it. then maybe throw in a how come you stole them but the subscription didn't run out???????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users