Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Dial-up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Korvak

Korvak

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:34 PM

Hello,

I have a client who has vista dial-up. She can connect but only for a few minutes then it disconnects and asks her to dial up again. Her speed when connected is 42.5mbs.

She does not use vista mail or outlook express so disconnecting after sending and receiving is not an issue. I have already checked the internet options for disconnecting when internet is no longer needed.

I am running out of ideas and I have already recreated her account and rebooted her computer.
Does anyone have any ideas on why Vista would be disconnecting her dial up?

thanks in advance
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

Are you sure the modem is Vista compatible?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Korvak

Korvak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:47 AM

The modem came with the tower. I went to device manager and checked the drivers, it says that this device is working properly.

thanks for the reply though, I am at a total loss of what is causing the problem.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

#4 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:56 PM

From the Control Panel, check the 'Power Options'. See if the settings are correct, especially the "shutdown" and/or "sleep" times.

You might also want to see if there is a problem by looking at the 'event viewer'. Type eventvwr in the start search box.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users