Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word As Outlook Editor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Randy Poe

Randy Poe

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

I ran Office 2003 but recently installed 2007 Home and Student, WITHOUT Outlook. I left 2003 word also installed, casue I'm not sure yet I like 2007 Word. Now my Outlook 2003 will not use either Word version as the email editor, but insists on using Outlook as the email editor. You lose some nice graphics with that, plus some other formatting glitches, and I don't like it. Is there a registry tweak or something else that will let me run disparate versions of Word and Outlook, and still have a Word version as the email editor? And if so, which version of Word must I choose for this? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:39 PM

Try the reg fix @ either of these links & see if ti helps:

WORD 07 & 03 Co-Existing

Multiple Versions of Office (w/screenshots)

Note: It's always a good idea to back up your registry before trying this.

How To Back Up & Restore The Registry in Windows

Or use Erunt to back your registry up.

#3 Randy Poe

Randy Poe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:32 PM

Thanks! I'll give them a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic