Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Warning On Desktop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lmfritc

lmfritc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:33 AM

Recently I was on the internet and a few pop-up windows for advertising came up. Shortly after my desktop was changed to a blue screen with a text box in the center reading "Warning! Spyware detected on your computer. Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer." Also, the screen saver is now bugs eating the computer screen. I am no longer able to change either of these since the tabs are missing in properties. An unidentified warning shows up at random times talking about a virus from an unknown virus protection program I did not download. I have AVG, but the program is only detecting cookies. I read a former post on here with a similar problem, however, I have none of the files listed the same. Any suggestions?!?

Edited by garmanma, 04 June 2008 - 01:54 PM.
moved to more appropiate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

Update XP for all critical updates, if not already done.

Download/install Spybot S&D, update it, run it.

Download/install SUPERAntispyware, update it, run it.

See if problems go away, advise us either way :thumbsup:.

SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware! - http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html Download from the Safer Networking site, not the U.S. sites.

Louis

#3 lmfritc

lmfritc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:40 PM

Dear Louis,
Thank you very much for your recommendations. The two programs found a total of 46 problems. Now my computer is back to normal. I cannot thank you enough. I looked for hours to try to find programs that would be as effective as your advice.

Thanks,
Luke

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,538 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:09 PM

Hello would you please post the scan log of the SUPERAntispyware, scan,thank you.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
  • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
  • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
  • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
  • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 monique1979

monique1979

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:01 AM

The post below details my problem exactly. I purchased McAfee to remove the spyware but I am sure if it did. I am still having problems with this. Can someone help me please. I have tried registry editing (probably not all the way, since I was in a hurry this morning). Please I want this problem solved.
Would it help it if I knew the name of the spyware? I think it is backweb. I keep having this file in my temp folders Iadhide5.dlls (?)

Recently I was on the internet and a few pop-up windows for advertising came up. Shortly after my desktop was changed to a blue screen with a text box in the center reading "Warning! Spyware detected on your computer. Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer." Also, the screen saver is now bugs eating the computer screen. I am no longer able to change either of these since the tabs are missing in properties. An unidentified warning shows up at random times talking about a virus from an unknown virus protection program I did not download. I have AVG, but the program is only detecting cookies. I read a former post on here with a similar problem, however, I have none of the files listed the same. Any suggestions?!?

#6 marleydog

marleydog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

I am also in the same boat. I have tried Superspyware, Spybot search and destroy, and others mentioned on this site. I have also used Smitfraud, Vundofix, and Combofix, as well as the MacAfee virus scan that was already installed. I really don't know what else to try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users