Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Driver For Msi 945gcm5-f V2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DeadlyAkkuret

DeadlyAkkuret

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:27 AM

I had a new motherboard installed today, but when I got the computer home I noticed there was no sound at all. I've been to the MSI website and completed the live update etc, but when I try to install the appropriate driver (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver) I get an error message each time. Basically telling me it can't be installed.

Am I using the correct driver? Someone please help me out here!

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:35 PM

I am assuming you have been in Device Manager and there is a red X or a yellow Question Mark, noting the lack of a driver.

If you right click the object and choose Update Driver (or Install Driver), you should be able to allow your computer to search the internet for the best driver.

Here is a link to the Realtek page. You can use their drivers as well but it may not have some of the special features the motheboard MFG inserted.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downlo...p;GetDown=false

Alternatively, you can install a PCI card such as a Soundblaster, at a minimal expense.

Good luck.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users