Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dead Spot In Middle Of Screen?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 donuteh

donuteh

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:55 AM

I have a dead spot in the middle of the screen that when I click in it, the active window becomes inactive, Just like clicking off the window, but in the middle of the window instead. I've had this problem with three different computers and it was bearable because when I restart me computer it went away but now the problem appears to be permanent on one of my computers. Does anyone else have this problem? everyone I know that's running Vista Home Premium, have the same problem. Note: the computer that seems to be permanent is running 32bit version. my dads 32bit version doesn't have the same problem. any ideas?
The speed of sound is defined by the distance from door to computer divided by the time interval needed to close the media player and pull up your pants when your mom shouts "OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:59 AM

Hello,

Could this be a dead pixel? what monitor are you using?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:31 AM

hi,,,, plug your dads monitor into your pc and see if its gone, if it has then Alan sed what it is.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#4 donuteh

donuteh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:34 AM

No, this isn't a monitor related problem, the monitor works fine. I guess I should have mentioned that its a square spot in the middle of the screen that looks normal but it's like an invisible button that when clicked on, makes any active window, inactive. It appears to be a problem with the Desktop Window Manager. if you shut it down in the task manager it'll start back up again and work fine. I just discovered this quick, temporary fix about 5 minutes ago. I suppose I'll probably have to Whine to Microsoft for a fix for this.
The speed of sound is defined by the distance from door to computer divided by the time interval needed to close the media player and pull up your pants when your mom shouts "OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!"

#5 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:10 AM

hi again ,,, you say you had this prob with 3 diferant comp's,,, thats why we thought monitor,,,, are you loading the OS in these comp's with a vista disc or did they come preinstalled,,, if its the first, then its the disc or the install ,,, if its the latter then your just very unlucky,,,

the speed of sound,,,,,,,, lolololol,,,, class.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#6 donuteh

donuteh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:30 AM

Two are vista disks and two are preinstalled, a search on google shows that this is a very common issue that I can't seem to find in and FAQ on the Microsoft website. I'm currently rattling their cage about tis issue too. I'll be sure to post if I hear anything back.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:58 PM

Two suggestions:
1) Ensure that all Windows Updates are installed
2) Reinstall the latest available graphics drivers for your video card

DWM works closely with your video drivers to recompose your Desktop as needed.
Could you post a link to the Google search that shows others with this issue?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users