Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Pc Won't Stay On... Please Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 urkool

urkool

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

I just put together this new computer.. haven't even put an OS in it yet.. I turn it on for the first time, fans and led lights go on for about 5-10 seconds then shuts off without anything showing up on the monitor. after it shuts off for about 5 secs and it does the same thing again.

Double checked all wiring and hardware components and tried it.. still the same...

SPECS:
Gigabyte S-series GA-EP35C-DS3R
GeForce 9600 GT 512MB
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 ghz
2 x 1gb DDR3 Corsair 1333

I also have an extra power supply totaling 900W which is more than enough...

I'M STUCK, I'M LOST, GOD THROW ME A F'N BONE

can ne one gimme some info?? Greatly appreciate it and Thanks to anyone in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:24 AM

Did you use standoffs to keep the mobo off the case? And if you did, are they in the right places, so as not to ground out? :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:12 AM

Did you use thermal compound between the CPU and the its heat sink?

Have you checked all of your connections and made sure that the RAM is seated properly?

Did you connect the PSU connector for the CPU on the motherboard?

If all else fails try doing a minimal build. Place the motherboard on a non-conductive surface, add the CPU with its heat sink and fan, the RAM, and the PSU. Test it, if it fails this will limit the possibilities of the failure. If it work, continue to add components one at a time with the power off in between.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users