Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Camcorder Minidisk Stuck In Imac Superdrive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mike18xx

mike18xx

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:24 PM

Short, boring story: My boss's niece's grandma passed away, and she inherited a camcorder (newish model) she didn't know how to operate, and sent it on to him. The 'corder can save to either flash-sticks or burn to minidisks. My boss popped the minidisk into his 20" iMac....and you can guess the rest: Stuck minidisk.

-- Is there any way to get that stupid thing out without completely tearing the machine apart? (The Esc trick doesn't work, because the iMac isn't even aware there's a disk in the drive.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TVT

TVT

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:35 PM

Heheh. I made this mistake once. Really the only way to get the stupid thing out is to take the unit apart. If youre not comfortable with it, or dont want to void your warranty, youll have to take it in to an Apple store or a repair shop.
Posted Image

#3 jcc32789

jcc32789

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

FUNNY HA HA ANYWAY YEAH YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE YOU MAC APART I HAD KIND OF THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY APPLE MACINTOSH LC II Which I am still using today i got it through my school back in 4th grade and it works really well for it's age I got it new back in the 1990's and had no problems I only use it now as a back up computer but it runs really well...

It's in nice shape compared to my piece of crap PC

:thumbsup:

I THINKS THAT'S FUNNY THAT YOUR BOSS PUT A MINI DISK INTO THE IMac...

Oh by the way My LcII IS RUNNING SYSTEM 7 MY I MAC G3 RUNS OS9 That's right system 7 and os9 working very well for there age.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users