Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Script Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:20 PM

It happens every time i open peoplepc. I click no but peoplepc still works ok. heres the rest of the message.

line: 987
char: 7
error: 'document getelementbyld(...)'is null or not an object
code: 0
url: http://home.peoplepc.com/app/?
ver=7.000&mn=wagner65669&token=CKDHHFDACKAFDKOBKMBBNFLBPEIBBEOOMLCLIICIDIEJKKOLNHGJFPDCINHCCD

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

What is this all about? Could it be an infection of some kind?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

Hello,

That error essentially means that there is an error in the scripting used on the page the link provided gives a 404 error which means that the file being used is not on the server.

I wouldn't worry about the error, if you click no then scripts will not be run on the system which could limit functionality on the page in question.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:41 PM

Hello,

That error essentially means that there is an error in the scripting used on the page the link provided gives a 404 error which means that the file being used is not on the server.

I wouldn't worry about the error, if you click no then scripts will not be run on the system which could limit functionality on the page in question.

Good to know, thank you! However saying that to me is like telling me the dent in my car won't affect the way it drives. It still bothers me. Is there any way to correct it?

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

Thats a good point, the only way to fix it is to either let the person/company know that there is a problem with their page, or disabling scripts completely on your system that will solve the problem but will reduce functionality on other sites.
Regards,

Alan.

#5 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:08 PM

Thats a good point, the only way to fix it is to either let the person/company know that there is a problem with their page, or disabling scripts completely on your system that will solve the problem but will reduce functionality on other sites.

ok, i see what your saying. I'll take care of it then with peoplepc. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users