Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Data Recovery Problem!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 schahid

schahid

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:33 PM

Hello!
I have a problem regarding partition. my OS is Win XP Pro. i was merging two partition with partition magic on 1 disk and unexpectedly the electricity went off. i had a large number of data files on one of the partition i was merging. and you can guess the rest. it ofcourse didnt got merged and i cannot access my data files too... when i re-run the partition magic program, it just hangs up everytime i try to recover the files as it prompts me that it has marked the drive for safety. it doest show in dos or explorer .how can i recover them? please help! thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:56 PM

Hello and welcome,

If the partition has been corrupted then you will need to use data recovery software to recover files. Can you load windows? Or can you use a spare system?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 LynnKnows2

LynnKnows2

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

Hey there! If you can't boot Windows, you probably need to use some data recovery software to get your stuff back. You could try Selkie Rescue Data Recovery, which will work even if you can't boot Windows.. I used it awhile back and it worked really well. I hope that helps ya! :thumbsup:

#4 schahid

schahid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:59 AM

Thanks. it worked this software called Test Drive. although couldnt get 100% of data but close enough. and my hard disk has started ratling.. head started missing. oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users