Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avsystemcare *&^%$!@#

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mary Beth

Mary Beth

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:04 AM

Hello! I am very frustrated by spyware infestations: VirtuMonde and AVsystemcare.

I know this is what I have because Webroot Spysweeper keeps telling me that I do, while being totally worthless at actually getting rid of them. I can no longer download free anti-spyware such as Spybot from the internet because I keep getting switched over to fake security warnings and it shuts down my web browser, or else get switched to worthless crap anti-spyware like Spyzilla, etc. Apparently the Avsystemcare has allowed at least two other fake anti-spyware programs to load on my computer = "Win" something is one of them.

So, I need to purchase a good anti-spyware program (better than Spysweeper) for removal of these programs. I am too impatient and ignorant to review and implement lengthy jargon-ridden descriptions of how to get rid of these files myself. I just want the NAME of software that actually works, that I can go out and buy from Newegg or Best Buy.

Thanks you very much for any assistance you can provide! I'm grateful for this community. - Mary Beth

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:24 PM

:thumbsup: you do not necessarily need to go off and buy anything

lets start by you telling us your windows version; what is ( or was) your installed antivirus program what other protection methods are ( or were ) on there; when were they all last fully updated and run on full computer scans?

can you still connect TO the internet? and if ON xp do you have SP2 installed and are all your windows updated up TO date?
is system restore enabled?
armed with THAT info we can maybe suggest some FREE programs you can try to start to sus out what IS going on and how to start to see if we CAN clean you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users