If you are not experiencing any errors, then I would not suggest that you try to replace the files. Even if the files available have the same name, you can't be sure that they are the same or the correct version (files may be updated for each Service Pack).
I would like to see the errors in your event log , if you don't mind of course.
- Please download dumpel.exe by Microsoft and save it to your desktop.
- Copy the following into a notepad. Do not copy the word "Code".
ECHO Please wait.
ECHO Logs Dumped at Date:%date% Time:%time%>EventLogDump.txt
dumpel -l system -c -format tdTISus >systemlogdumptemp.txt
find /v ",4," systemlogdumptemp.txt>>EventLogDump.txt
dumpel -l application -c -format tdTISus>applogdumptemp.txt
find /v ",4," applogdumptemp.txt>>EventLogDump.txt
- Click File, then Save As... .
- Click Desktop on the left.
- Under the Save as type dropdown, select All Files.
- In the box File Name, input logdump.bat.
- Hit OK.
Double click logdump.bat
. The script should take only a moment to run. When it is finished, a text file named EventLogDump.txt
(saved on your desktop) will open.
Please reply back with EventLogDump.txt
attached or copied into your post.