Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Children And The Nation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gaston16

Gaston16

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:43 AM

The education of the children shapes up not just their personal development and life chances but also the economic and social progress of the nation. The indicators on youth neither enrolled in school nor working, tracks the extent to which youth are at risk of limiting their future prospects at a critical stage of their lives. The foundations like ‘I have a Dream’ were formed to address this need of the children to continue their education and attain their ambitions. I have a dream foundation empowers children in low-income communities to achieve higher education and fulfill their leadership potential. By helping these children gain access to college, the foundation puts these Dreamers or adopted children, on a different academic and life trajectory.

The program has found a number of supporters and sponsors worldwide. Sponsors are those individuals who make a long term commitment to a class of 50 to 100 Dreamers that the Sponsor supports over the duration of the Dreamers' progression from early elementary school to college. Among the sponsors of the program is the Deep South Company which has made a strong commitment to support the foundation. The success of the foundation has been enormous with the drop out rates decreasing and many children completing their education. The higher rates of school completion and college enrollment indicate the extent to which students have attained a basic education and are prepared for higher levels of education or the workforce in the recent years.

Deep Surplus, run by CEO David Disiere, believes that children are the face of tomorrow. Their development is essential for the progress of the community and the society. Deep South has made a strong commitment to support the underprivileged children of organizations like the ‘I have a dream’ Foundation

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CTH_Tom

CTH_Tom

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:30 AM

Reading this made me curious as to the dropout rate for the local school district I'm supporting with my tax dollars. It's 43% for the 2006-2007 school year, not much bang for my buck!
X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users