Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Badass Computer For Music Production

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 djL_08

djL_08

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:15 PM

hey guys !!

I Need your help , I've been window-shopping for the past 3 weeks trying to get informed on the different kind of motherBoards, Ram, & CPU Processors to

buy for my first PC build, and after all that time I am still undecided so I need your help !!

This Build will be used, as a workstation, mainly music production and some video editing, so I definitely need a PC that's fast and can handle plugins that

eat up 500 mb for 1 damn guitar or bass string.... So as you can see the DAW programs are CPU Intensive and require alot of Ram that my old pc can't handle

MB : Looking for fast MB that handles ddr2 ram 1066 and higher, FSB 1333mhz to 1600mhz, lots of usb & sata ports, Fire wire, Overclock, did I mention fast? , future proof, 45nm compatible, audio card PCI slot... Im gonna install my own audio card, Don't really need SLI not into heavy gaming...(raid ?? is that
needed) >>> is this a good mb ?? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA

CPU : Im really feeling those Intel quad core , how's the q6600 as a starter or the q9300 though it's not really overclockable like the Q6600, but it has 45nm,
what's the better choice ?
or should I make the long term investment and go with the Core 2 Quad q9450 or Q9550

Ram: fast, reliable ram compatible with MB atleast 4gig for the moment

Video Card : HMM !! Be honest... nothing over the top, just a good card that can handle some gaming but will not break the bank !!

Case : Don't know, kinda lost in this department but what should I look for ? for example ATX, full tower or mid-tower,........

PSU : how much power ? any recomendations ?

CPU heatsink ? which one ,
thermal compound ? artic silver???.....

HD: 2x WD caviar 500gig 7200rpm 16mb cache

Ok guys I think that's it, but Im gonna be honest with you guys It's a nightmare shopping for PC parts, with all the reviews ppl leave you can help but wonder

if you're making the right choice..

One more thing I am buying all my part from Newegg.com .... thanks !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users