Please go to Start >> My Computer >> Local Disk (C:\)
Click on the Windows folder >> Click on the System 32 folder
or C:\Windows\System32 (for Windows XP).
Look for a file blackster.scr
and if found Delete it.
Do the same in C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp\
Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions
or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.
Please download SDFix
by AndyManchesta and save it to your desktop.When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
- Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
- (this is the drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix).
- DO NOT use it just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".
Open the SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat
to start the script.
-- If this error message is displayed when running SDFix: "The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator. Press any key to continue..."
- Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
- It will remove any Trojan Services or Registry Entries found then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
- Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
- When the PC restarts, the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
- Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
- Copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt in your next reply.
Please go to Start Menu > Run > and copy/paste the following line:
%systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\swreg IMPORT %systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\Enable_Command_Prompt.reg
Press Ok and then run SDFix again.
-- If the Command Prompt window flashes on then off again on XP or Win 2000, please go to Start Menu > Run > and copy/paste the following line:
Reboot and then run SDFix again.
-- If SDFix still does not run, check the %comspec% variable. Right-click My Computer > click Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables and check that the ComSpec variable points to cmd.exe.