Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Custom Shortcut Keys

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:39 PM

Hello.

There's some strange thing going on with my custom shortcut keys :thumbsup: . For some shortcuts, everything works fine. For others, they keys refuse to get set. And others, the settings go away after a reboot.

It's not anything serious, but I just wanted to see if anyone has experienced anything like this.

By the way, can anyone figure out where the info for the shortcut keys are stored? I'm searched around for awhile now with no success.

With Regards,
The Panda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:12 PM

Within the last 2 days, someone posted a shortcut key mapping application. I believe it was usasma
Still searching
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:26 PM

Is this the thread you are referring to:

"Number Pad Problem":

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=841049

Edited by M..., 02 June 2008 - 04:28 PM.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:13 PM

Is this the thread you are referring to:

"Number Pad Problem":

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=841049

:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: Don't ask why I remembered John's posting and not PP's
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

Hello.

I noticed that if the shortcut is on my desktop, the settings are saved. But if the shortcut resides elsewhere, it doesn't work after a reboot :thumbsup: . Also, if it is on my desktop, and I set the link to hidden or give it system file properties, it stops working.

I'll keep testing it out.

With Regards,
The Panda

#6 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:09 PM

Hello.

Was able to improvise by running a batch file with shortcut.exe to reapply the shortcut key settings at each startup.

With Regards,
The Panda

#7 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:20 PM

Hi Propagandapanda,
Mind telling me the batch file that you improvised?

Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#8 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:29 PM

Hello Extremeboy.

Sure. No problem.

@ECHO OFF
shortcut /f:"%userprofile%\desktop\batch\shortcuts\admincmd.lnk" /a:c /t:"%userprofile%\desktop\batch\admincmd.exe" /h:1601
That is the shortcut to bring up my administrator's command prompt. There're also some other ones, but I see no purpose to put it here as they are just the same line repeated with different names.

If you are interested in the tool, you can download it here along with some other free command line utilities.

With Regards,
The Panda

#9 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

Thanks Propagandapanda,

Edit: Never Mind I understand now...
Regards,
Extremeboy

Edited by extremeboy, 03 June 2008 - 06:39 PM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users