Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Silverlight ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:12 PM

I was checking for updates on the Microsoft site today and Microsoft Silverlight was mentioned as a optional download.

Microsoft Silverlight 1.0 (KB951213)
Date last published: 5/19/2008
Download size: 1.4 MB
Microsoft Silverlight is a lightweight browser plug-in for Internet Explorer and Firefox that blends animation, audio/video, and interactivity to deliver richer Web site experiences.

After reading the above I am still not sure what this download actually does.

Could someone explain it a little more thoroughly ?

Is it something good to have on my computer ?

Thank You for your time.

Dennis :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

Hello.

Silverlight is a runtime, similar to Java type technologies. From what I can read, one of its main points is to put audio and video into one stream. Take a look at that link above for more detailed info.

It is currently in alpha stages. There would be no advantage to having it installed on your computer as of this moment.

With Regards,
The Panda

#3 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for the reply Panda. I will hold off downloading it.

Dennis :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users