Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

work offline...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 matrixv

matrixv

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:00 PM

hi,
can anyone help with what is causing the "workoffline, no connection to the internet is currently available. to view content that has been saved on your computer. click work offline or try again." this pops up in a window and i have ran the pop spyware and aware programs and antivirus. it has slowed down some when it comes to popping up but is still annoying. so is there a way to get rid of it.

also, there is something in c:windows that is "chxefp.exe" i have tried to see of that is a window program but nothing comes up, microsoft seems to be clueless, it won't delete, i don't remember seeing that when i use to check programs when cltr/alt/del on the desktop.

finally, what is this install on demand thing that pops up when online, i go to microsoft site and see nothing that needs to be installed on here, is this another tricky online thing going on?

I am running win 98se, ie 5, thanks so much for any info or guidance somehow.
val

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 July 2004 - 07:02 PM

Hello And welcome to BleepingComputers matrixv.

To get the workoffline message to go away open internet explorer and click file. then down at the bottom it will say work offline,make sure this is not checked. As for the chxefp.exe I can not find anything on this not even google nor yahoo turns up anything. It could be a legitimat program in windows but as said nothing being found. Is it spelled correctly?

Here is how to stop Install on demand

To disable the Install On Demand feature in Internet Explorer: On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.Click the Advanced tab. Under Browsing, click to clear the Enable Install On Demand or the Enable Install On Demand (Internet Explorer) and/or Enable Install On Demand (Other) check boxes.Click OK.
Disabling the Automatically Check for Internet Explorer Updates Feature
To disable the "Automatically check for Internet Explorer updates" feature in Internet Explorer:
On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab. Under Browsing, click to clear the Automatically check for Internet Explorer updates check box. Click OK.

try running a hijack this and paste it in this forum

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...hp?showforum=22

Here is where you can get the program Hijack this

Download Hijack This

#3 matrixv

matrixv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:08 PM

just wanted to say, thanks to Brunt for responding and thanks for the welcome!
i have tried the checking offline before and then darn gone it, when i turn the computer back on, it's checked from the ie icons from 'file' again.
i followed the instructions for the install on demand and so on.
i haven't downloaded 'highjack this' but i have heard of it and will do soon.
have a great day!
v

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users