Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway Laptop Symbols

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bachiatari

Bachiatari

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:49 PM

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right forum, but it seems the most likely to be. Anyway, I have a problem that is simple, really, but the Gateway Live Chat Help person kept closing the session on me and trying to shove me off to MCP, so I thought I'd come here for some "less formal" assistance.

All I want to know is: what do the symbols on the front of my Gateway M675PRR mean? From left to right, there's one for "battery", then "power", then "harddisk", then two odd ones, with arrows pointing left and right, respectively, then three locks, the first one with an "A" inside it, then another one with what looks like an upside-down "T" inside it, then the last one with a numeral "1" inside it.

What do the last five symbols mean/indicate? My second, slightly more complicated problem right now is that the "1" lock light is now consistently on, and I feel like I haven't seen it on so much before. I'm just worried, but if I knew what the heck it meant, I might not be. This is literally all I want to know, and tonight's encounter makes FIVE I.T. professionals who were essentially clueless.

Please help? Thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 78651214

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

The first one with an "A" inside it
That most probably indicates the CAPS LOCK. Press the Caps Lock button on Keyboard and it should lite up.

Then another one with what looks like an upside-down "T" inside it
An upside down "T"? Errr, most probably indicates if the Wifi is turned on or not. NO NO, that's not the Wifi thing. This must be for SCROLL LOCK.

Then the last one with a numeral "1" inside it
Indicates that NUM LOCK on your keyboard is turned on.
You have to find a key which says num lock or num lk on it. You have to press FN key then num lk to switch it off.

Edited by 78651214, 02 June 2008 - 12:19 AM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:03 AM

From left to right they are Battery Charger, Power, Hard Drive, Left-side modular bay, Right-side modular bay, Caps lock, Scroll lock, Pad lock.

This is from the user's guide. Pages 34 and 35 describe these functions.

Edited by dc3, 02 June 2008 - 01:04 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Bachiatari

Bachiatari
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

Really? That's all? HA! Wow, do I feel dumb. But relieved. Thank you very much!

And thank you for the link to the user's guide. *saves and reads studiously*

Edited by Bachiatari, 02 June 2008 - 10:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users