Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Pro Installation, Weirdness

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roadblock

Roadblock

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:39 PM

Hey there guys. I have been using Xp Home edition for the longest time ever, and just recently reformated my computer. I had found a brand new copy of XP Pro in the mess downstairs. So I installed it, setup everything, reinstalled all my applications and programs. Something just came to mind right now though, on previous versions I've always had to "Activate my Copy of Windows" by clicking the button that comes up. Weirdly enough it never came up on this copy, and When i go in All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tool. Activate Windows is not an option there. What is going on here? Yes I'm positive I did not activate it, since I only got my wireless to work now.
Please if anyone has an idea let me know. I really hope my copy won't get disactivated after 30 days since I would love all my work once again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:02 PM

Go Start > Run and type "oobe/msoobe /a" (without the quotes).
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Roadblock

Roadblock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:19 PM

Ahhh Budapest love ya bro. It says It is already activated, but that command is great to know. Your help is greatly appreciated. I'm pretty sure my version of Xp Pro is a corporate edition which is why it did not require activation, is this quite possible? It was likely provided by my company a while ago

Edited by Roadblock, 01 June 2008 - 11:19 PM.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:39 PM

A lot of corporate versions are pre-activated, which is why you didn't need to activate it.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users