Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msn Boggle Supreme

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arls544

arls544

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:29 PM

Hi all I'm having some problems that have actually caused me to doubt my computeabilities ;)

My wife installed this MSN Games Boggle Supreme it seemed harmless enough...

Now, i've gotten annoyed with it and she found out it was trailware so its time for it to hit the road. Problem is, I tried to uninstall it via CP and also direct through the software's uninstall routine but both prompt me that "Installation log not found" and quit out of the app. Its extremely frustrating and I googled my ballz off and can't find anything about it. I should have known it was going to be a pain when I saw the publisher was Oberon Media.

So if anyone can be of assistance it would be great. Im running Vista Home Professional.

I've taken the time to dig into it a bit, I've found a file called INSTALL.LOG located in C:\Program Files\MSN Games\Boggle Supreme its contents appear to be the run of the mill installation log file so I'm not sure why things are not working.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
-Arls544

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:25 AM

Hi all I'm having some problems that have actually caused me to doubt my computeabilities ;)

My wife installed this MSN Games Boggle Supreme it seemed harmless enough...

Now, i've gotten annoyed with it and she found out it was trailware so its time for it to hit the road. Problem is, I tried to uninstall it via CP and also direct through the software's uninstall routine but both prompt me that "Installation log not found" and quit out of the app. Its extremely frustrating and I googled my ballz off and can't find anything about it. I should have known it was going to be a pain when I saw the publisher was Oberon Media.

So if anyone can be of assistance it would be great. Im running Vista Home Professional.

I've taken the time to dig into it a bit, I've found a file called INSTALL.LOG located in C:\Program Files\MSN Games\Boggle Supreme its contents appear to be the run of the mill installation log file so I'm not sure why things are not working.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
-Arls544

"googled my ballz off " ?

Erm ok... anyways...

Have you tried file deleteion? Delete the entire \Boggle Supreme folder? It would probably delete the game and when you try to uninstall it it will say " Cannot find.... May have already been uninstalled.... Would you like to remove it? '

I find this uninstallation process much quicker :thumbsup:
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 arls544

arls544
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:08 PM

I suppose I could have thought of that ;)
I was just hoping there was a tidy uninstaller available or someone with similar problem so as to avoid the usual havoc of cleaning up after the mess something like that leaves (registry, hidden files/folders, etc.).
Thanks for the good idea though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users