Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some Images Do Not Load In Ie7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kat91119

Kat91119

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:30 PM

Some Images Do Not Load in IE7

I got a new dell computer on May 28th.

It came with XP SP2 and IE 6. Images would not load in IE, so I figured I'd need to upgrade to SP3 as well as upgrading IE to 7.

I'm a dial up user, and I use AOL. The browser within AOL (which I always thought was IE) will load the images fine, but I don't like to use it much because you don't really go full screen. Most of the images I notice don't load are from my own website, but it does it on many other sites as well. However, on AOL the images load fine on my website and all other sites.

I've checked to make sure in tools that I can view images, and I've run Avira. Nothing was found, which I figured since it is a brand new computer.

In another thread on this forum someone suggested visiting a site that recommended finding ie.inf and repairing IE. Well, that cannot be found on the computer. So the next suggestion in that document was to run sfc /scannow which is supposed to be system file checker, but when I ran it it was called Windows File Protection and it stated "Please wait while windows verifies that all protected Windows files are intact and in their original versions." I was suprised at how long it took to do since the computer seems super fast at everything else. But...that didn't work.

I know a lot of people prefer anything over IE these days, but I normally don't have issues with it, and would like to continue to use it.

On a side note, I just recently got help here for my sisters 1yr old virus plagued dell computer and it too had the same issue with IE images. Eventually one day it was showing images again and I cannot figure out what might have fixed her image issue. Seems likely its a dell issue perhaps.

I'm about ready to pull my hair out, as this is not the first issue I've had with this new computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kat91119

Kat91119
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:12 PM

Just a little update

I came across another post and found this link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

All the directions I followed even though they were already done - all except the encoding language. It was set for Unicode...

My problem is now solved.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:13 PM

Glad to hear you were able to solve your problem, Kat91119.
Thanks for posting back with the solution. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users