Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Device Not Working After Reboot.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Davor7

Davor7

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

I have the Zboard Fang. Running WinXP Pro SP2.

Ever since my computer rebooted on its own one time while beta testing a game, now I have a problem. I will list in images to help.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So why, if I uninstall the drivers, and then "rescan" and everything is good, then I reboot, I have to do the same thing again to make it work. I have uninstalled the software all together and reinstalled. The same with the drivers. The same problem happens again.

Edited by Davor7, 01 June 2008 - 11:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:43 AM

Have you checked your Event Viewer for errors related to this problem? Go to Start...Run...and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Check both the Application and System log files for errors. If you find any related to the malfunction, double click on them to get the details.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Davor7

Davor7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

Have you checked your Event Viewer for errors related to this problem? Go to Start...Run...and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Check both the Application and System log files for errors. If you find any related to the malfunction, double click on them to get the details.

Checked it and all it says is a drive failed to load from BOOT.

I get lots of issues with my USB. Sometimes it will not run at HiSpeed and other times, it will say "This device can run faster if plugged into one of these HI SPeed hubs"....even though its plugged into one of them now.

Edited by Davor7, 01 June 2008 - 12:19 PM.

#4 Davor7

Davor7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:00 PM

Ok, I think I might know what is going on and why I have to un-install and reinstall the device.

This is what is in my Event Viewer, under Application -

Windows saved user NAME\NAME registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

(I put the "NAME\NAME" to cover my computer name, etc.)

So, just thinking common sense, my guess is that something is not letting Windows XP "save" the changes in some areas after shutdown or restart. How can I find out what would be causing the problem?

Edited by Davor7, 01 June 2008 - 03:01 PM.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:09 PM

How sure are you that this error is related to the zBoard Fang? This is actually a fairly common error and I generally recommend this free tool as the first step in fixing it: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

It can also be caused by a program not terminating properly during the shutdown process - so you'd have to look for other information (around the same time) about that (look in the Warnings and Information messages for this).

What was the exact message about a drive failed to boot?

Did you have the USB issues before using the Fang?

Beta software can hose a system faster than malware - it all depends on how it was written. What was the beta that you were using?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Davor7

Davor7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:50 AM

How sure are you that this error is related to the zBoard Fang? This is actually a fairly common error and I generally recommend this free tool as the first step in fixing it: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

It can also be caused by a program not terminating properly during the shutdown process - so you'd have to look for other information (around the same time) about that (look in the Warnings and Information messages for this).

What was the exact message about a drive failed to boot?

Did you have the USB issues before using the Fang?

Beta software can hose a system faster than malware - it all depends on how it was written. What was the beta that you were using?

Sorry for the long delay. Life issues.

Well, I cleared up a lot of issues in the event log. Now I have no errors in either System or Applications. The Fang board is the only one messing up as per the original post shows the thing doesn't like to come back after a reboot or shutdown. And the weird thing is that when I go to device manager, there are no problems there. (Even under "Hidden"). But here's the kicker. After I installed the Hive repair program from M$, if I do the uninstall, it will now lock up the computer. All but the mouse for some reason. Like a device IRQ conflict even though its on USB. So, for the time being, I unplug the Fang before I reboot or shutdown then plug it back in when I power on the computer. The beta I was doing was for a game and its still in beta and I cannot tell you the name per rules I "signed", sorry.

Edited by Davor7, 04 June 2008 - 01:52 AM.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,852 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

"Beta" is computerese for "not ready for primetime, if you have problems, don't blame us."

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users