Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Mouse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 moo.moo.bear

moo.moo.bear

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:58 AM

I have a wireless notebook mouse from Microsoft, it always works well. Unless the battery is dead of course. I just switched batteries today but now the mouse won't connect to the computer, it won't mouse and the computer won't even make that sound that tells me I have connected something to the computer. I didn't do anything unusual, I just moved the laptop from my room down the office and since (I believe) it wont connect.

I even press the connect button on the mouse and the USB stick, which I still don't know what it is for, I think. Thanks in advance if you guys help me! XD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:15 AM

I used to have one of these types of mice...If I remember correctly, there are a couple of buttons on the reciever (the part that fits into the usb port)...One of them will cause the LED to continuously blink...While this is blinking there should be another button on the bottom of the mouse (may have to use a pencil or sharp stick)...press this button and hold until the LED on the reciever stops blinking and becomes solid...The mouse should now be linked to the reciever and now work...You may have to move the mouse into the line of site of the reciever to get this to work...

Good luck...I remember giving up on the wireless kind long ago as it gave me more problems than it was worth...
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:20 AM

Some BIOS require you to enable a USB mouse in order for it to work. Have you checked to see if this is the case? If this turns out to be the case, and it was working previously you may wish to change the CMOS battery.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 moo.moo.bear

moo.moo.bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:08 AM

Sadly my father threw the good mouse away! Or it is somewhere I don't know. But thanks for the tips! I'll use them when the other mice won't work.

Sorry the late late late reply, had exams and internet problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users