Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Css Map Making

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kamakazie

Kamakazie

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:54 AM

Is any special programs I have to instal to make CSS maps.
It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees
To knock a thing down, especially if it is at an arrogant angle, is a deep delight to the
To know the road ahead, ask those coming back
Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul
If you ever fall, get back up. If you fall again, take the person who pushed you down with you when you go
Being wise is knowing how not to make mistakes, becoming wise is by making mistakes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:44 AM

I'm pretty sure that's what gary's mod is for. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry's_Mod . You are a guy wandering around a map, and can create,make, destroy, and do anything. Then I believe you can save whatever you create and play it as a map. You may want to look into it more.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Kamakazie

Kamakazie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:23 PM

does it cost any thing.
To knock a thing down, especially if it is at an arrogant angle, is a deep delight to the
If you ever fall, get back up. If you fall again, take the person who pushed you down with you when you go
Being wise is knowing how not to make mistakes, becoming wise is by making mistakes

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

I believe it is 10$. If you download Steam, you can purchase it. You can download Steam here http://steampowered.com/v/index.php .
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 cornzey

cornzey

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:02 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong I think you can use the Valve Hammer Editor to create CSS maps.

I think it's quite complicated to use but you can always give it a try.

games.softpedia.com/get/Tools/Valve-Hammer-Editor.shtml

If you want tutorials you can always google it as i'm sure there will be plenty.

Posted Image

If I'm giving you help and I don't reply within 24 hours PM me with the topic link.

Avast Anti-Virus - Zone Alarm Firewall
Stay Protected.

#6 Kamakazie

Kamakazie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:41 AM

well, if it costs money, i wont do it. but i will look in to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users