Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best Utorrent Build For Vista Ult. X64 Build 6001

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iSIKH

iSIKH

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:10 AM

utorrent isn't working too well whereas it usually does and I want to know what is the best utorrent for vista ultimate x64 build 6001 and also what are the best tweaks and settings for the version I should use please tell me the best/most ideall version and aqlso link me to a tweak/settings guide thanks.
NOTE: I DO NOT USE UTORRENT TO DOWNLOAD ILLEGAL MATERIAL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:56 AM

hi ,,, i also use utorrent,,, as regards tweeks, there is not much you can do,,, its more to do with your hardware if you want faster and more stable downloads and what profile your broadband is,,, im on an 6meg profile and achive about 5 meg as im about 2km fromthe exchange,,, i use a site called kitz.com in the uk and they sugest useing a router and resetting the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit
if files collide then it has to be sent again,,, if the mtu is set to high it could be to fast and collisions happen and it has to be sent to you again slowing the download,,, default for ethernet setup on a windows os is 1500,,, to high,,, i reset mine to 1423 and torrents take less time now because files dont have to be re sent.
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/index.htm
look in ADSL tab at the top of the page and then "tweeking mtu" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good luck

Edited by figgis41, 31 May 2008 - 12:01 PM.

Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 iSIKH

iSIKH
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

thanks i just vo the latest 1 and it is awesome with these tgweaks i used

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users