Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying To Close New Window Kills Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jacksidew

jacksidew

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:19 AM

when i open a new window from from email or any where and then try to close it i get: INTERNET EXPLORER RAISED UNHANDLED EXCEPTION IN THIRD PARTY MODULE AND SHOULD BE CLOSED. This shuts down what i was doing and i have to start over and open IE again, and the second window doesn't close and when I close it by right clicking and hitting close I get a box that says: MICROSOFT VISUAL C ++ RUNTIME LIBRARY RUNTIME ERROR PROGRAM: C:\PROGRAMFILES\INTERNETEXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE r6016 -not enough space or thread data I do have CA security center for spyware spam and viruses and it says i'm clean, and yes its up to date HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jacksidew, 31 May 2008 - 09:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:42 AM

Hi Jacksidew,
I would suggust uninstalling internet explorer and reinstall it.
Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:
  • Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.
  • Press the Enter key.
Below is a tutorial on how to start windows in safe mode.
Safe mode
Uninstall your interenet explore by going to add/remove.
To go to add/remove go to Start>control Panel>add/remove programs.
Scrool down until you see Windows Internet Explore 7 or 6. I am not sure what you are using but just uninstall it.
Once you succesfully uninstall it reboot back to Normal mode and install Windows internet explore 7, if you don't have allready. you can download windows internet explore 7 by going to this website: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#3 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

I just wanted to add something I hope I am not to late.
I would first download internet explore 7 first and save it on your desktop or something. After you uninstall Internet explore you won't have access to the Internet. So after you remove it you can just double click on internet explore 7 installer. If you allready removed it and you have another computer, you can just save the download on a USB stick and plug it back in to this computer and install Internet explore 7.

Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users