Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Skwid Video Recorder (trial)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:54 AM

I downloaded this program because I would like some program to record Utube and/or internet tv shows. The trial version just has a little black box (trial) all other features are supposed to work. Everything but the audio seems to work for me..
I have tried their tech support, but seem useless. If any of you are familiar with this or any other Free/$20 program I would appreciate your help.
If I get this one to record audio, I will buy the full version. If not the search resumes.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:47 PM

You don't need to pay for a program to download videos from Youtube. Here's a link to Flash Video Resources. It's free. It works great and I use it all the time. Also, If you use either IE7 or Firefox, you can use Real Player 11 to download video clips from any webpage. The only type of video RP won't download are DRM protected clips. Even paid products won't download those.

http://max.subfighter.com/flv/downloader.php

#3 rosiesdad

rosiesdad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:58 PM

The internet tv shows I want to record are on myoutdoortv.com apparently the shows arent "streaming video". Dont know if they are drm protected. I tried one and got an error msg when I tried to play back.
I would think if they are free to watch, they should be ok to record.
Keep your ideas coming

#4 rosiesdad

rosiesdad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:55 PM

:thumbsup: :flowers:

I had a selection of INPUT and of course the last one I never tried was STEREO, and on a lark tried that and wallah, I have sound. Their directions did not include what input to use..

Great little program it works to record whatever.. Give it a try. :trumpet:

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:30 PM

The website is streaming video like Youtube or anything else. I don't think Flash Video Resources would work but Real Player 11 would work and it is free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users