Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aim6.5

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mobrienmoore

mobrienmoore

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:31 PM

The other day I downloaded the newer version of AIM. Since then, my AIM has not worked. Whenever I try signing on, it just says that it cannot connect. My internet connection is fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and it still does not work. I have even tried older versions and still does not work. How do i fix this?

Edited by garmanma, 31 May 2008 - 08:25 AM.
removed log from post

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

uhm... hijackthis logs are usually only for that one forum, but I guess its alright since its not really viruses/malware you're trying to remove...

Anyways, first check your firewall, and see if its blocking AIM, or the port that AIM runs through. It sounds like that is the most probable thing that could be messing you up.

Edit: Although, you might want to uninstall viewpoint manager and anything viewpoint, because its meaningless crap that junks up your computer.

Edited by Vaerli, 30 May 2008 - 08:49 PM.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 mobrienmoore

mobrienmoore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:05 PM

i checked it, and its not blocking it. I'm not sure what else it could be..

#4 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:33 AM

Hi,

First and foremost; I was reading about a big that does this but I seem to think this is not your case.

Second, what happens when you get this error? do you get a pop up in the taskbar, or do you get an AIM pop up?

I searched google for information about your problem. Lots of users using vista and that have upgraded to AIM 6.5 are having this issue. People really don't know whats going on. I'd say AOL need to test the program again. They probably missed this error during beta testing.

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#5 mobrienmoore

mobrienmoore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

when it happens it just says 'connecting...' for a few seconds, and then in the AIM window it says connection failed. I tried auto configure and that wont work either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users