Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting Songs From Itunes Not Deleting From Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

I am having a problem here. I have the newest version of itunes (7.6.1 ) and when I delete a song from itunes it doesnt delete from my hard drive. So when I go to add my songs from my hard drive it brings back everything that I deleted. I have searched as much as I could and still have not found a fix to this problem. Can anyone help? I use my ipod alot and this is creating a nightmare for me.I basically want the song to delete my song from my hard drive when I delete from itunes. I read that previous versions have this feature but this version does not. I even tried downgrading to a previous version of itunes but it will not allow me to do so. Thanks in advance from your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

Not being into itunes I'm not familiar with the file system or where it is stored, but the thought that came to mind is to see if they are showing up in the recycle bin. If so empty it and see what happens.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

Nope I already looked into that. It worked on previous versions but not on the newest one. Basically the so calleed upgrade to the newest version is a downgrade. And it sucks because I am driving across country soon and really wanted the music handled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users