Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Pro 2008 - Im In Need Of Assistance Badly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Blackwiz

Blackwiz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

Okay so recenlty I realized that my computer had a virus because this whole AntiVirus Pro 2008(that somehow downloaded to my cpu) just didn't make sense. My desktop had a big red background and constant pop ups saying that I need to buy this Antivirus Pro mess kept popping up. Certain functions became nonusable like Task Manager. When I click Start, my regular options aren't available. Okay, so I researched this and found out what it is. Then I tried numerable things to get rid of it.

I found a AntiVirus 2008 Pro removal instructions to go to Program Files and delete the folder, but I have to be in Safe Mode. Now the problem was that the "User" that I use when I get on my computer was affected and all of the normal functions were unavailable, so I logged in to my Guest user(which still received false popups, so I assumed that the virus was also on this User) in Safe Mode and all of the functions were available unlike my Primary User/Administrator. So I went into Program Files and deleted the AntiVirus 2008 Pro folder. So I restarted my computer and logged back into my Primary User account and the background doesn't have the red, but its still not right. I don't get the pop ups anymore though. Still the functions aren't all available like before. I sense that i didn't completely delete the Virus. Then I found out about a SuperAnti Spyware and downloaded that and that got rid of a bunch of things that it said was on the computer...still my problem remains.

I need to bring my computer back to having all of its original functions...Control Panel, "Run"(on the start menu)...etc.

Someone please help. Im desperate.

Edited by boopme, 30 May 2008 - 02:07 PM.
{Moved from AntiVirus, Firewall to Infected~~boopme}

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Blackwiz

Blackwiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:48 PM

Nevermind. I believe I have it taken care of due to a search that I made.

Edited by boopme, 30 May 2008 - 02:08 PM.
{moved from AntiVirus, Firewall to Infected~~boopme}

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

Ok but we are still here if you need further assistance.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users