Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

10 Step Program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 b_sharp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:42 AM

Hi, my name is b_sharp and I'm a computaholic.

I have been clean for 2 seconds, nope make that 2 seconds.

Oh heck, I've never been clean.

I started computing back in 1985 when I was introduced, by someone I thought a friend, to the Atari 800XL. It started rather benignly, as most addictions do, with the occasional game played but that quickly lead to an obsession with operating systems and databases. At one point it got so bad I entered University and through a lot of painful work to a B.Sc. in computer science. That was a dark time indeed. I was fortunate to escape with my sanity (for some reason, my wife disagrees with that assessment)

Unfortunately that wasn't the height of addiction. Although I have difficulty admitting the depth of my addiction, I feel I must - I later started my own computer service and software company.

It has now reached the point where all I do is remove spyware and the occasional virus.

As you can see, I desperately need help. My life has become a sad, sad mess.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

Welcome to BC!
Perhaps joining this friendly user community can be your first step.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users