Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vancouver Couple Arrested For Putting Baby Up For Online Sale

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:05 AM

Anyone seen this News: Vancouver couple arrested for putting baby up for online sale

Another couple in Germany also did a similar thing

Do you think people should do such things as a joke? Shouldn't there be a limit for jokes?

Edited by Juha, 30 May 2008 - 11:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:15 AM

My Honest Opinion is that this wasn't a joke, that these people are just saying that to get out of trouble and sadly there is no way to prove otherwise. Why in the world would someone post there real cell phone number if it was just a joke?

Klink

#3 Juha

Juha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:46 AM

Why in the world would someone post there real cell phone number if it was just a joke?

Did they really do that?! But one wonders how stupid one would be to sell a baby online on a popular site and stay unnoticed!

I notice that you're from Canada. How did people there take the story?

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

Yes they really did that :thumbsup: that's how they got caught, police tracked down the cell number.

Well I live in Quebec and didn't here much at all about it. I found out about it over the internet.

#5 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:41 AM

If they want to play a joke, throw a cherry bomb into the toilet and post that on Youtube.
If they want to play a joke, chain mail us Rick Rolls.
If they want to play a joke, make harmless Visual Basic scripts that say "Hahaha I HAX0RED you! :thumbsup: " and send it to everyone at work.
But no, they had to go and sell babies. Which in essence is SLAVERY. What uncivil sense of humor >_<
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users