Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ras Async Adapter Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 horn

horn

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:24 AM

Hi,
From a while struggling to resolve NetBT Error 4311 shown after each boot in my Event Viewer/System.
Try with many modes to solve it , but since now without any significant result.
On the net found following:

"This issue can occur if the RAS or NDISWAN component is corrupted. The
problem can occur after removing some 3rd party program such as AT&T
dial up program because the uninstallation program may not be designed
very well. To troubleshoot this issue, please perform the following
steps.

1. Remove Modem driver from the Device Manager.

- Right click My Computer and select Properties.

- Click on Hardware, Device Manager. Click on + sign by modem, right click and
uninstall modem.

2. Delete the dial up connections and remove 3rd party RAS related
program if any.

3. Run the attached file to install RArepair.exe, then run RArepair.exe to
reinstall RAS components. Reboot.

4. Reinstall Modem driver and the 3rd party dial up program if it is
required by your ISP.

5. Recreate the dial up connection and check if the problem is resolved."

This not worked for me.

The difference between previous situation and now is :
-RAS Async Adapter was disconnected from the computer, before
-RAS Sync Adapter is shown with yellow circle and exclamation singe inside and after click on device ,there is message:
"The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (Code 31).-now
Try also to complete uninstall RAS Sync Adapter but Windows don't allow this:
"Failed to uninstall the device from the system. This device may be required to boot up the computer"
NetBT error 4311 appear again in EV.
Try also to disable device, disabled it, but on the next boot, the same Error message appear again in the EV/System.
The basic question is why Windows cannot load the driver required for this device ( Code 31).
I guess the area of the factors who provoke this error message is much more smaller then before and if we succeed to solve this problem of driver loading, then problem will disappear for ever.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:44 AM

"Failed to uninstall the device from the system. This device may be required to boot up the computer"

That is a warning that Microsoft gives you to stop you from doing things that they don't want you to do...You can un-install any device in the device manager...Just un-install it and disregard the warning and reboot...XP will find the device and install drivers for it...You may want to update this driver after it is installed.

The reason for the Code 31 has to do with registry keys missing needed to install the driver...
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 horn

horn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:35 AM

That is a warning that Microsoft gives you to stop you from doing things that they don't want you to do...You can un-install any device in the device manager...Just un-install it and disregard the warning and reboot...XP will find the device and install drivers for it...You may want to update this driver after it is installed.

The reason for the Code 31 has to do with registry keys missing needed to install the driver...

Thanks for help,
Could you explain how I can un-install RAS Async Adapter in Device Manager- when try to do it, receiving alwais the same"Failed to uninsatll.....

Edited by horn, 30 May 2008 - 08:36 AM.

#4 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:02 AM

I guess that I'm not fully understanding your situation ...I have un-installed any number of devices in the device manager just by Right-Click...select un-install...ignore warnings...press OK and then re-boot...I've never had a problem like you are explaining.

I have done a search on the error code that you described and have checked through several of the responses...Your posts on other forums show up so I'm guessing that you have had this problem for quite some time...Sorry about that...

This article from Microsoft:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833747

I would go to Add/Remove in the control panel and un-install SP2 and all of its updates...Re-Install the Stand Alone version:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

There is supposed to be a hot-fix included that addresses the error code that you are having...

I'm still convinced that this is probably caused by a registry error somewhere...Once Sp2 is re-installed I would make sure to retrieve the updates that were removed via window update. Whether you choose to do this is entirely up to you, but I would definately give it a try.

Edited by douglas martin, 30 May 2008 - 10:05 AM.

#5 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

Does this statement mean that you removed the hardware before trying to un-install the driver?

Are you still wanting to use this device? Do you still have it? If you do, you may want to re-attach it to your computer, then un-install the driver. That may or may not resolve your problem.

#6 horn

horn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

Try to un-install a/m device in Normal and also Safe Mode, but failed receiving same message"Faileed to uninstall this device from the system.....
Forgot to mention , I have updated my OS to SP-3.
Meanwhile , from MS received hotfixes kb833747, but they didn't solve the problem.
Try to Repear XP Pro SP3 , using slepstreamed CD, but at the end,my comp boot only in Safe mode.Boot in Normal Mode was impossible.
I also suspect the Registry, most probably the problem is there.

#7 horn

horn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:26 PM

Does this statement mean that you removed the hardware before trying to un-install the driver?

Are you still wanting to use this device? Do you still have it? If you do, you may want to re-attach it to your computer, then un-install the driver. That may or may not resolve your problem.

I just explain what was the status of RAS Async Adapter shown in Device Manager before aplying "rareparing" MS tool, and how it change after tool have done the job.
I suppose RAS Async Adapter is a part of my NIC i.e. D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (rev .C).
This I use for ADSL connection on XP.
Another device what is installed is a Modem which I use for my second OS-Win 98SE for dual-up connection, because I cannot use D-Link DFE 530tx for 98SE.Modem 56k also can connect XP Pro.
There is no conflict between those two hardwares.
Hope that situation now is clear.
One thing more- I didn't remove the hardware before trying to uninstall the device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users