Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie Self-starts With Garbage 'urls'

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 unstresst

unstresst

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:10 AM

skitoday.com and doginhispen.com are two partial URLs that appear when IE dos it's auto start thing.
trojan? something worse??

I saw a simular problem posted by dbritt
--[ http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lof...php/t134929.htm ]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

Hello and welcome. You could use that method,but NOT on your own. It requires a HiJackThis log posted in that forum. You should not run and use HiJackThis without supervision. An error there can cause the PC to become inoperable.

We can do some things here to fix this also. Please tell us your Operating ststem,XP,Vista etc..
your Antivirus and spyware tools so we can proceed.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 unstresst

unstresst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:31 AM

Hello and welcome. You could use that method,but NOT on your own. It requires a HiJackThis log posted in that forum. You should not run and use HiJackThis without supervision. An error there can cause the PC to become inoperable.

We can do some things here to fix this also. Please tell us your Operating ststem,XP,Vista etc..
your Antivirus and spyware tools so we can proceed.

======================

I wont be able to tackle this problem after all.......the infected computer is a friends and i wont be here long enough to go through th removal process.

TO: Moderator: feel free to delete this post.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:40 AM

Tell them to register and we will gladly walk them thru it. The other option for them is a full format and reinstall of the Operating System.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 unstresst

unstresst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:29 PM

Tell them to register and we will gladly walk them thru it. The other option for them is a full format and reinstall of the Operating System.

====================
Yea, She'll have to eventually reformat.....not technicly inclined at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users