Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd's Not Working?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ill_Nino

ill_Nino

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

NOTE: I'm not sure if this is the right place to be placing this, but I saw USB, so I assumed CD's would fall under that criteria as well.

I recently had to reformat my computer. For reference on why, click here.

Anyway I had a CD done, and while it was being burnt (I had burnt some data from another user account that was needed) it said that some files were denied due to restrictions. Fair enough I said, and I thought they weren't burnt onto the CD.

Now that I have reformatted my computer, it turns out that they were burnt, but now, none of the files open.

It's all shown, for example, I can see the files/folders, and I can open the folders, but I can't actually use the file itself.

I had a notepad, with some text in it, and when I open it up, it's all just spaces, and blank.

Is there anyway I can recover the Data on the CD, using something?

~ Nino

P.S I am talking about when I view them on the CD through my computer, and when I've copied them to my computer.

Edited by ill_Nino, 29 May 2008 - 11:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 78651214

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

I think that means those files are corrupt... dunno if there's any way to recover it. Read about some softwares which can do it somewhere, but I don't trust those.

#3 ill_Nino

ill_Nino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:10 AM

Yeah, I had a friend help me out. Doesn't think I can get it back either.

Thanks anyway for your post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users