Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Save Animated Embedded Objects?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

Hi, I have received a couple of emails with "embedded objects" in them that I would like to save. I have tried and of course "jpg" and "bitmaps" are the only options and then when I save the object of course, it is "static" like a picture and thus loses its whole reason for me wanting to save it.

I have googled and seen a couple of posters ask questions in other forums and get replies that is to do with Outlook 2003 Security and that it is not possible to do.
One forum gave a great long explanation about opening in notepad and including some numbers etc. and the member posted back that the suggestion did not work.

Does anyone here know if there is an easy way to Save a Gif.????
I would appreciate suggestions, thankyou.
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:16 PM

I tried what you said using Outlook XP (2002) & get the same results. I checked around & the only thing I saw that worked was to forward the email to yourself, log in to your email at the website through the web browser, & then saving the pic from there. Unfortunately, it's not the most convenient way to do this, unless someone else comes up with a better idea.

#3 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:03 AM

Not certain about following the instructions about what to do after I send the email to myself??? I am not a tech type user !!! Even easy tasks can cause me issues !!! :thumbsup:
If you don't mind a little more info on that part I would greatly appreciate it, thankyou !!!!!!

#4 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:08 PM

Ok. No problem. From Outlook, select the emails that have the embedded pics & forward them to your own email address. Close out Outlook, open your web browser, got to the website that your email is associated with, (for example: if you have a Yahoo account you would go to Yahoo.com & click Mail which would give you the option to sign in), & then sign in to your email account that way.

Open the email that you sent yourself with the embedded pictures, right click on the picture itself, choose Save Image/Picture As, & a window should pop up. At the bottom, where it says Save As Type, make sure Gif is selected, & click on Save. Note beforehand where the location of where the picture is going to be saved at the top of the Window where it says Save In. That way you will know where to find it.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask, if you still have any difficulties.

#5 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:31 AM

Hi, I thought that I would share a Link that was posted in another Forum and hope that it helps others that are trying to save an embedded object. It is another option to use:
Visit My Website

I haven't tried it yet as I need devoted quiet time to follow the printed instructions, as I mentioned I am not a techie-type :thumbsup: !! It always takes me awhile after I print ou the instructions to read and digest before I give something a go.
Fingers crossed that I can successfully accomplish this.
I thank everyone here for their support and hope that this might be of use to others as well.
Cheers !

#6 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:51 AM

After all of this and following the steps, I was unsuccessful as "Macros" was not enabled when the techie installed Office 2003 many years ago. So now I have ended up with the app not doing gif. saving anyway b/c of this setting not being enabled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users