Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Decisions... Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kpxmystic

kpxmystic

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:43 PM

Ok guys first time posting here and have a real good reason to.
I have a conflict between staying with XP Pro or move to Windows Vista Ult 32 Bit or 64 Bit
Here are my computer specs.

Processor: Intel Quad Core 2 Q9450

Motherboard: Intel DX38BT

Power Supply: Antec 850w Quattro Power Supply

RAM: Kingston 4 GB DDR3 Ram

Graphic Card: Asus 9800 GX2 Graphic Card

Now what OS should I be using so none of this "elite" rig parts will be going to waste?

I will be using this computer for entertainment and hardcore gaming purposes, such as Age of Conan and soon to come Aion Online(planning on playing with HIGH res on my 24")

Please help me on my decision.
When replying please indicate a detailed reason to why i should and why i should not.
Please no shirt answers like "vista", "64bit rules"

Thanks
-Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:26 PM

The maximum amount of RAM that a 32-bit Windows operating system will recognize is 3GB to 3.5GB. If you wish to utilize the total amount of your RAM you will need to change to a 64-bit operating system.

There are those here that are computer literate enough that they can handle the quirks that others are pulling their hair out over Vista. I personally wouldn't recommend this OS until it comes out with its first service pack to the average user.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users