Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2b Or Not 2b

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 looch

looch

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:41 AM

Dear Vista Experts,

For the past 4 weeks, I've been trying to buy a new computer to start a home based business. Internet connectivity and a properly running O/S are both crucial and time sensitive during normal work hours.

I'm totally confused at this point whether or not to buy into Vista - seems like there's some new update every coouple of weeks. Trusted computer pro's are telling me thier company's are not purchasing vista for their corp global requirements, becuase it's too buggy. Other's are telling me 3G of Ram and SP1 is all vista needs. At this point, I'm seriously considereing MAC, although I've never owned one before.

Can anyone shed some light on the the "short and skinny" of Vista, because downtime for me would be a real disaster.

Thx. :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 IsMe

IsMe

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

Well, for what it's worth, Vista doesn't do anything that XP cannot (for the everyday user) - it just looks nicer. Just like how a new car always looks nicer that the model it replaces. And Vista needs much more computing power to run as efficiently as XP. How's that for short and skinny. :huh: Of course, that's just my opinion. :huh:

#3 Dialga

Dialga

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:05 AM

Well vista has rapidly improved with compatibly since it was released i do have a vista built machine but you can get vista if you want or if some software you have even with patches is not compatible with vista stay with xp but since xp is being discontinued in the next few years you will be free to infect from all those virus nasties but as soon xp is security is fully discontinued microsoft will hopefully release windows 7 in 2012 (*sigh* another windows) you will then have to to goto vista or windows 7 so eventually you will have to goto vista sometime.

ohh forgot to add this if you are going to buy a copy of XP YOU CAN'T! by June 30th microsoft will stop selling copies of XP

Edited by Dialga, 30 May 2008 - 07:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users