Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reverting back to prior settings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jaycjayz

jaycjayz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:16 AM

I am using SP2 for the first time. I went to a site to download fonts. The new SP2 controls added another press of a button prior to the actual download of every font I downloaded. So I clicked the remember settings for this file type option, then clicked SAVE. After that one downloaded, every other one skipped the save process, and went straight to OPEN. Had I opened the file I clicked remember...... I would have understood why. I went thru my internet options and changed a couple of things, even restored the default options. Nothing. Any ideas as to how I can get the files to save rather than to open?

Note: Right clicking every single time I download something is NOT an option. I already know how to do that. I want to know how to left click and THEN I have the option to open or save.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:13 PM

Is this happening only with zip files or every file you download?

#3 jaycjayz

jaycjayz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:16 PM

Already taken care of....

Thanks tho! :thumbsup:

#4 Grinler

Grinler