Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disappearing Downloads

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Audra

Audra

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:31 AM

When I download files from the internet, specifically audio files, the download says it is successful; however, when I go to the download's designated file to retrieve it, it is not there. I have tried every method of downloading the files (right-clicking and selecting "Save Target As," using the regular download tab on the site, saving the file to a specific designated file), but none of these options have worked. When I search my computer for the file, it appears nowhere except in the "Recent Files" as a shortcut. If I click the shortcut, it says the "File cannot be located." The shortcut links are found in "Desktop>Computer>Acer-C:>Users>Bridgeman>AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>Windows>Recent." If you have any insight into why the downloads keep disappearing, please let me know. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IsMe

IsMe

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:49 AM

If it is a music file, the default folder it goes to is the Music folder under your User Name. Have you looked there?

#3 Audra

Audra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for offering the tip! I have checked the audio files in My Music, but the downloads are not there. I usually direct the downloads to a specific file in My Documents, and they always showed up like normal until a few weeks ago. I don't know if a computer setting has been changed to not accept downloads or what.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:54 AM

My system has a Downloads folder in the root of the C: drive
It also has downloads folders in my profile, and in the Public folder.
Try searching your hard drive for one of the missing files to see if it'll locate it for you.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users